Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving -But not going far!

Well I've recently got my F sport back. Had its first MOT today at 28,500 miles. Over the past few days I noticed my dealer in Cheltenham had a 2015 GS300H Luxury for sale with 11,000 miles.

To cut a long story short drove it this morning and did a deal on it. . was pleasantly surprised to find that although not advertised it had the Mark Levinson sound option.

Hopefully picking it up Friday. Must say the ride and seats are much softer than my IS which is my main reason for changing now and not in a few months time. I have been getting backache for a while and am hoping the softer seats and ride will help.

• Like 2

Good luck with the new car Les.  I'm sure you will get lots of hours of happy motoring in it.

Will be nice to see a few piccys when you get it.

Off to Autotrader now to have a look at the model.

Enjoy :yes:

I did the same move IS300H Fsport to GS Luxury. I found the Fsport suspension just to firm.  No doubt you will love the GS.  Blind spot monitor, auto electric hand brake and a more comfortable ride and what seems like even better build quality than the IS even the auto open sensor on all 4 doors.  Quieter on the move to. 

Enjoy it great choice.

Ed:yes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zotto said:

Good choice, I am curious to read about the differences you feel between IS and GS .

Another one here interested to hear your views on the differences post honeymoon period

Well my first day with the GS. The first comment I must make is that the build quality seems to be up a level from the IS300h. The car is like new having covered 10000 miles in its first year and surprisingly only 950 miles in the last year.  I'm told the rear privacy glass is factory option but haven't seen another car with it fitted. So far very impressed. 

• Like 1

Well day 2 with the GS was full of pleasant surprises. A family outing to Herefordshire with a mixed driving route of around 160 miles revealed that I've made the right decision to buy a GS. Out on b roads the car rides extremely comfortably yet is easy to push into bends in a very surefooted manner.Meeting cars in a single track road proved no more awkward than in the IS. I feel that the car is far more responsive to throttle input than my F sport and when overtaking 2 steam traction engines  towing trailers both my wife and 7 year old grandson commented on how quickly the car accelerated compared to my IS. On my IS the computer used to show an average during most tankfuls of around 47 mpg with properly calculated tankful to tankful consumption over 20,000 miles of 44.6 mpg. Today the GS computer showed an average of just over 52mpg since I filled up. It will be interesting to see what the consumption is when I refuel later in the week after another 400 miles.Seat comfort is streets ahead of the IS, but I put that down to the difference in having 45 series tyres, non-sport suspension together with standard seats .I  reversed manoeuvred into a tight parking space and  that seemed easier than in the IS.  I will update later in the week after refueling.

• Like 1

Well my first day with the GS. The first comment I must make is that the build quality seems to be up a level from the IS300h. The car is like new having covered 10000 miles in its first year and surprisingly only 950 miles in the last year.  I'm told the rear privacy glass is factory option but haven't seen another car with it fitted. So far very impressed. 

• Like 1

Latest update. In 5 days 607 miles covered After refuelling my phone app tells me I have achieved an average of 46.7mpg in mixed motorway and b road driving. 

I have experimented with sport mode and puzzled. My Is stiffened the steering in sports mode. 

The GS in sport mode does the same but the suspension appears to also get much stiffer. My wife agrees. This shouldn't be the case as surely the luxury version hasn't got adaptive damping 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

The GS in sport mode does the same but the suspension appears to also get much stiffer.

Must be your imagination!!   Pretty sure only the Fsport has adaptive dampers.

I totally agree that the suspension shouldn't feel stiffer. I wish I could find the build spec as I understood that the car had blind spot detection but not rear cross traffic detection. Well the car definitely has rear cross traffic detection. I also don't understand why iihaz rear factory privacy glass ZS

The original owner may have added optional extras. Is there a sport & a sport+ on the mode switch? Blind spot detection is standard on Luxury spec. It does work on both sides though not just the drivers. 

11 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

I totally agree that the suspension shouldn't feel stiffer. I wish I could find the build spec as I understood that the car had blind spot detection but not rear cross traffic detection. Well the car definitely has rear cross traffic detection. I also don't understand why iihaz rear factory privacy glass ZS

The tints aren't factory, they'll be added later on.

The GS certainly doesn't have adaptive dampers in the luxury spec 

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

The tints aren't factory, they'll be added later on.

The GS certainly doesn't have adaptive dampers in the luxury spec 

I don't understand how the tints can be other than factory as the heated rear window elements are on the surface of the glass as is the etched finish on the inside of the rear side windows. Wouldn't  after market tint be a film applied to the inside of the glass.?  

34 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

I don't understand how the tints can be other than factory as the heated rear window elements are on the surface of the glass as is the etched finish on the inside of the rear side windows. Wouldn't  after market tint be a film applied to the inside of the glass.?  

Some places put it on the outside. Check if there are any scratches on the outside of the window - they'll show up quite well if its on the outside