Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone switched from ISF to GS450h?

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Linas.P I agree The Rat's 'F' is going for an mot in the morning I'll see what I can wrangle 😉

🐀

Whatever it is, make sure it says 2017 GS450h F-Sport on it...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Quite probably, the point I was making is that one cannot just dismiss the CVT type of transmission as dire.

The flaring some complain about when accelerating with a CVT 'box, or at least the e-CVT version, is simply the computer dropping a 'gear' or two to bring the ICE into it's power range. Unless in Sport mode there would be no step to define the changes, it's seamless.

There's certainly no rubber-band effect, I'm old enough to remember the Daf-matic ...

Fair enough, good point and very well made :smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Quite probably, the point I was making is that one cannot just dismiss the CVT type of transmission as dire.

The flaring some complain about when accelerating with a CVT 'box, or at least the e-CVT version, is simply the computer dropping a 'gear' or two to bring the ICE into it's power range. Unless in Sport mode there would be no step to define the changes, it's seamless.

There's certainly no rubber-band effect, I'm old enough to remember the Daf-matic ...

So am I now a treat for the children shame really pretty little car in this guise 👍

IMG_3066.thumb.JPG.af71410e84ce5db2796a28e81a674a73.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

I drove a spanking new IS300 the other day.

I did notice slight jolts when it changed gear. To be honest, with the fake noises and pops from the......ummmmm..... stereo, I didn't know what was real and what was not.

Having said that, the CVT felt fine.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

To be honest, with the fake noises and pops from the......ummmmm..... stereo, I didn't know what was real and what was not.

You should always turn them off... at least then you can enjoy relative silence. There is no nice note in neither engine, nor exhaust ... well it feels like a standard hybrid. But the fake noises are worst... 

But again I agree on e-CVT it feels surprisingly mechanical in the sense of manual box almost, just much smoother (considering my clutch skills that is..)

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 11:26 AM, Linas.P said:

....This is more the case as of Lexus trying to get away with the least necessary to lure undiscerning customers as stated by @Rabbers in the other thread:"why should Lexus want to engineer a better car than the RC300h when they can so easily con an undiscerning customer like me into buying the present bad one"........Lexus is playing "looks" card and tries to get away with it.....                                                                                                                                                                      

Flattered as I am to be quoted in a forum concerned with a piece of badass machinery like the IS-F,  I feel obliged to point out that my words,

as was evident from the much longer post from which they were taken, were intended to be sarcastic.  Now I understand how the Donald feels

when one of his tweets fuels a whole new cycle of false news.  Sad.  That Lexus has preferred to play the "looks" card and not offer something

more muscular in the case of the RC300h is fine with me.   Why should anyone sneer at Melania? .....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Flattered as I am to be quoted in a forum concerned with a piece of badass machinery like the IS-F,  I feel obliged to point out that my words,

as was evident from the much longer post from which they were taken, were intended to be sarcastic.  Now I understand how the Donald feels

when one of his tweets fuels a whole new cycle of false news.  Sad.  That Lexus has preferred to play the "looks" card and not offer something

more muscular in the case of the RC300h is fine with me.   Why should anyone sneer at Melania? .....

I quoted the part I agree with, I had no intentions to imply you don't like RC300h as much as I do. No fake news found here.

As well I don't say RC300h should be more muscular, I say RC range should have other options.. 

I moved from ISF to CLS55 to GS300h.. and i love it. It takes some  getting used to at first, as i was more custom to cars that shift when you touch the gas pedal. The 450h i know is a much quicker car and if it drives as good as the 300h then the only difference is bhp.

I dont think you will be disapointed if you went from ISF to 450h.

One thing i will tell you... i bloody dam miss the ISF.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

I moved from ISF to CLS55 to GS300h.. and i love it. It takes some  getting used to at first, as i was more custom to cars that shift when you touch the gas pedal. The 450h i know is a much quicker car and if it drives as good as the 300h then the only difference is bhp.

I dont think you will be disapointed if you went from ISF to 450h.

One thing i will tell you... i bloody dam miss the ISF.

What made you go for the GS, following on from the fast Lexus and Merc? 

Is it the power of the ISF you miss or other things to? 

Probably not a helpful response, but I got into Lexus ownership because of the ISF not because it was a Lexus (although I appreciate the brand's production quality, values etc).  I have driven other Lexus models (including th new IS and RX) as loan cars and can't say I have been smitten.

To illustrate, I was at Goodwood with my son at the weekend and we saw the brilliant new LC (deffo one for me in a few years when second hand).  He asked me if I would buy one new.  I said for £88k I'd want to look at a lot of other cars before deciding on an LC, but second hand very positive about it.

I guess my point is we all get into ISF ownership from different directions and for some the Lexus part is more of the deal than for others.  For me the ISF is a very unique car that ticks a number of boxes, it being a Lexus IS more of an aside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey One said:

Probably not a helpful response, but I got into Lexus ownership because of the ISF not because it was a Lexus (although I appreciate the brand's production quality, values etc).  I have driven other Lexus models (including th new IS and RX) as loan cars and can't say I have been smitten.

To illustrate, I was at Goodwood with my son at the weekend and we saw the brilliant new LC (deffo one for me in a few years when second hand).  He asked me if I would buy one new.  I said for £88k I'd want to look at a lot of other cars before deciding on an LC, but second hand very positive about it.

I guess my point is we all get into ISF ownership from different directions and for some the Lexus part is more of the deal than for others.  For me the ISF is a very unique car that ticks a number of boxes, it being a Lexus IS more of an aside.

I agree, I very much bought my ISF because of what it was, rather than because it was a Lexus.  Admittedly, I have since started to appreciate the brand more but can't say hand on heart that my next car will also be a Lexus.  I like cars that are different and I was after a V8.  I need to be sure I'm not going to see another one whilst driving to work and back every day, lol

Marcus

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I agree, I very much bought my ISF because of what it was, rather than because it was a Lexus.  Admittedly, I have since started to appreciate the brand more but can't say hand on heart that my next car will also be a Lexus.  I like cars that are different and I was after a V8.  I need to be sure I'm not going to see another one whilst driving to work and back every day, lol

Marcus

+1 couldn't agree more 👏

• Like 1

On 2017-7-3 at 11:41 PM, emjay82 said:

What made you go for the GS, following on from the fast Lexus and Merc? 

Is it the power of the ISF you miss or other things to? 

Mainly beacsue i needed a daily drive car, the GS300h got the nod. Great on MPG, next ro nothing tax, cheap servicing etc etc.

Reason i miss the ISF is because of its character on the street.. you can drive it like a normal IS and not make too much noise, go unnoticed, unlike like the AMGs or Ms or RSs are in your face. But knowing you have a V8 breathing under the bonnet. The thought of that was comforting alone, the looks, rarity, confortable, so no, it wasnt just speed i miss.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links