Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air bag recall

Nope.... luckily it's not a serious fault :ohmy:.....'defective inflator and propellent devices that may deploy improperly in the event of a crash, shooting metal fragments into vehicle occupants'.

Takata have just filed for bankruptcy...

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 I think you will find that Toyota and others are bailing them out they have little choice I would imagine.

Big Rat

True. But I've heard Lexus are going to bypass Takata with a little optional extra.....

_20170627_173631.thumb.JPG.28ef377c5a89fdd78cd0a0acec8ba09d.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

True. But I've heard Lexus are going to bypass Takata with a little optional extra.....

_20170627_173631.thumb.JPG.28ef377c5a89fdd78cd0a0acec8ba09d.JPG

@emjay82 That's all very well matey but what protection are you going to use in the day time........ think about it 😏

🐀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 That's all very well matey but what protection are you going to use in the day time........ think about it 😏

🐀

I get you 🐀 😉. Personally I like the F Sport option.... Gives protection from the Takata shrapnel but retains agility and performance.... 👍 

sketch-1498594073398.png

• Like 2

@emjay82 Mark no no you have it wrong it's the passenger side that's the issue so I've been out to the garage and knocked up a little outfit for this young lady......

IMG_3065.thumb.JPG.604311774594f8337b4752fdd7bed580.JPG

She finds it a little cold 😊

🐀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

All joking aside, 17 deaths is absolutely shocking and the time taken to resolve this :ohmy:

Exactly and this is apparently a voluntary recall not a safety recall! Seems pretty safety related to me!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emjay82 said:

All joking aside, 17 deaths is absolutely shocking and the time taken to resolve this :ohmy:

@emjay82 That is appalling, have to read a bit more on this. I see that @Linas.P has a one man campaign idea over on another forum.

Big Rat

Just now, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 That is appalling, have to read a bit more on this. I see that @Linas.P has a one man campaign idea over on another forum.

Big Rat

Lexus shouldn't be allowed to just sweep this under the table

Yeah it does seem like the danger of this is being played down a lot making it a voluntary recall, I'm not sure if the airbags I have in my specific car for example are as dangerous as the ones that caused death and Lexus know this so they are not as worried but either some sort of re-assurance or saying yes this is dangerous at least we would know.

12 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Mark no no you have it wrong it's the passenger side that's the issue so I've been out to the garage and knocked up a little outfit for this young lady......

IMG_3065.thumb.JPG.604311774594f8337b4752fdd7bed580.JPG

She finds it a little cold 😊

🐀

I believe that is wasted effort - after shrapnel from airbag the lady would look similar, so theoretically you can have her naked in the car if the outfit in the picture is what yo are after.

22 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I believe that is wasted effort - after shrapnel from airbag the lady would look similar, so theoretical you can have her naked in the car if the outfit in the picture is what yo are after.

Oh no not at my age 😳

🐀

1 hour ago, dougie175 said:

Yeah it does seem like the danger of this is being played down a lot making it a voluntary recall, I'm not sure if the airbags I have in my specific car for example are as dangerous as the ones that caused death and Lexus know this so they are not as worried but either some sort of re-assurance or saying yes this is dangerous at least we would know. 

Well it states "voluntary or safety" in confirmation page...

recall.png.09b203bf701d9c9fbe8dc752b68b2674.png

Just now, Linas.P said:

Well it states "voluntary or safety" in confirmation page...

recall.png.09b203bf701d9c9fbe8dc752b68b2674.png

Both cant be treated as the same thing though when it comes to requirements and time to complete the recall

Yes... I guess their point is - "call us at the number provided to confirm whenever it is voluntary or safety related". The problem is that even after confirm it is indeed safety they still treat it as voluntary.

BTW: the number provided is no longer in use, you should dial 0845 129 5484

... I understand that, the point I am trying to make is that recall check site states you have either one or another and you should call to confirm. The problem that when after confirming the spokesperson doesn't treat it with relevant care (or be that Lexus UK as the whole)