Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looks as if you're running with the Continental headlight changeover ...............  is it for an imminent trip or a leftover ?  I think it might actually be illegal in the UK :unsure:

Malc

1 hour ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Well I have repaired the indicator that Morrison's car was damaged, it took a while but now it looks good 

001.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

The Indicators looks very good Norman.

Did Morrisons Ellesmere Port cough any goodwill payment at all without admitting liability ?

Why do you have Beam Deflectors fitted  here in UK ?

Regards

John

John; Malc;  Morrison's didn't pay anything at all, The headlight deflectors have been on since April when we went to France, as we are going there again in August I thought just leave them on.  

2 hours ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

John; Malc;  Morrison's didn't pay anything at all, The headlight deflectors have been on since April when we went to France, as we are going there again in August I thought just leave them on.  

Thanks for the update Norman.

I have to take my Beam Deflectors off for the Annual MOT.Then put new ones back on  for my trips to Spain.

Regards

John

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks for the update Norman.

I have to take my Beam Deflectors off for the Annual MOT.Then put new ones back on  for my trips to Spain.

Regards

John

John, if your car has HID's then aren't they flat beam in the GS 450H which do not require deflectors fitted for Continental driving?

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

John, if your car has HID's then aren't they flat beam in the GS 450H which do not require deflectors fitted for continental driving?

You are correct Lee, but I always take the Mercedes Estate to Spain and they are not so kitted out.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Just now, royoftherovers said:

You are correct Lee, but I always take the Mercedes Estate to Spain and they are not so kitted out.

Regards

John

Ah, you got me there.  

Or rather, I presumed you'd take the GS :teehee:

Just now, royoftherovers said:

The GS cannot carry as much wine etc, Lee.

Regards

John

:cool: true, very true.

On a related note, I just picked up a roof rack for my GS (so it can haul our bicycles).

On 28/06/2017 at 1:06 PM, SHELLDRAKE said:

Goodness me, and I didn't see you in France in April !  Mind you, I've only ever seen one LS400 in France on our many trips.  Off again later this month (August the time when all of France travels so prefer to avoid)  and was looking forward to the Saturday 2pm Dover Ferry and driving through the night via Rouen, Chartres, Orlean and beyond, with wonderful roads with little or no traffic, especially no Camions on Sunday. Sadly owing to a funeral have had to reschedule departure to a Tuesday.  Will be chaos this side of the Channel and busy the other side.  C'est la vie! Just hope "Paul" has finished the refurbishment of their Service station as no toilets open after midnight, last time.  OK I can do what many a Frenchman does (waving it around for all to see) but the wife errm..

52 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Goodness me, and I didn't see you in France in April !  Mind you, I've only ever seen one LS400 in France on our many trips.  Off again later this month (August the time when all of France travels so prefer to avoid)  and was looking forward to the Saturday 2pm Dover Ferry and driving through the night via Rouen, Chartres, Orlean and beyond, with wonderful roads with little or no traffic, especially no Camions on Sunday. Sadly owing to a funeral have had to reschedule departure to a Tuesday.  Will be chaos this side of the Channel and busy the other side.  C'est la vie! Just hope "Paul" has finished the refurbishment of their Service station as no toilets open after midnight, last time.  OK I can do what many a Frenchman does (waving it around for all to see) but the wife errm..

Interesting Stuart. I plan to cross by Shuttle in early September and meander down to Spain via Rouen, Bordeaux, San Sebastian and into Andulcia in the old Merc.I`ll keep my eyes open for you.

Regards

John

• Like 1

John,

For six years this SEL was our workhorse and never let us down.

Trailer with Three bikes, a Sickle Mower, Petrol mower, two acrows and copious tools not to mention what the wife stuck in the back seat in the way of China/Cookery books etc., for a 600 mile journey back in 2009.

The Lexus has been more lucky as so far has not had to tow any thing.
Not done a trip to Spain but did go beyond usual stop for journey to Frejus last year.

Saw a blue LS400 in Chabanais a few years back. Only one I've ever seen.

DSCF0026_zpsi8hqnoqy.jpg