Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Gracious Goodbye

The time has come to P/X my RX450h F-Sport. Its been brilliant over 5 years and 46k miles of ownership and never set a foot (or should I say tyre?) wrong to date. It will be part exchanged tomorrow and hopefully will go to a good home thereafter. 

After 5 years, the RX still remains a comfortable drive and I would happily have driven it to 100k miles and beyond but was tempted to change. With it being my 50th birthday later this year, I thought I would treat myself (and surprise my family, YES, they still don't know!) with another vehicle.

My RX has been a worthy companion, easily swallowing cargo for family outings and seen my daughter grown up from the age of 2! Of course, its been pampered for all its efforts.

Some pics from over the years: 

The first day

fPuwGKa.jpg

Ww6Rf08.jpg

After its yearly detail in Summer 2015 (taken from my detailing guide):

snjIg3f.jpgAS2KURb.jpg

ouTEYRu.jpg

1saLe51.jpg

And of course one of my favourite reflection and flake pop shots

7w3dORi.jpghBJpNh1.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely car mate, still looks like new it is a credit to you! Would love one ideal car for my family just a bit out of my price range!

Looking forward to seeing what you are getting next
  • Like 1

Yep, someone's going to end up with a car in fantastic condition - hopefully the new owner will appreciate the care it's had over the years :)

What's replacing it?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dougie175 said:
Lovely car mate, still looks like new it is a credit to you! Would love one ideal car for my family just a bit out of my price range!

Looking forward to seeing what you are getting next

19 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Yep, someone's going to end up with a car in fantastic condition - hopefully the new owner will appreciate the care it's had over the years :)

What's replacing it?

Yep its in great condition for its age. 

Additionally, still wanted an SUV for the space as the IS is a bit too small on cargo space for family trips - I also prefer the ride height in town and large tyre sidewalls are harder to kerb!

As for its replacement - all in due time - but here are the specific cars I was considering - bought used as large SUVs tend to drop like a rock (the particular car I bought has lost £14.5k in 18 months) and I still have to get my kids through university! I would have bought the NX new as I couldnt find the colour and spec I wanted (Mesa Red/Red + Premier pack) as they had good discounts on them but it wasn't for me. Will write a short write up of my experiences and what I chose in due time :)

The vehicles were of varying ages simply because of the differences in list price when new but they were all roughly the same price

VOLVO__XC90__D5_INSCRIPTION_AWD__DIESEL_

VOLVO__XC90__D5_INSCRIPTION_AWD__DIESEL_

14-07-09-lexus-nx-f-sport-grille.jpg

fpacef.jpg

fpaceb.jpg

GLEf.jpg

GLEb.jpg

x6f.jpg

x6b.jpg

RXf.jpg

RXb.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Oooh guessing game then?

I guess .................... VOLVO

10 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Ok if we are guessing lets guess....... JAG

I only said I was considering the above vehicles....

I never said I bought any of them! :w00t:

Your RX does indeed look great, I doft my hat to you for keeping her looking so well.

I'm learning that you're the master of 'tease' threads! Good luck in your new steed, whatever it may be...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Your RX does indeed look great, I doft my hat to you for keeping her looking so well.

I'm learning that you're the master of 'tease' threads! Good luck in your new steed, whatever it may be...

Well, all will be revealed tomorrow, or the day after depending on whether I get time tomorrow 

Its a busy day - picking up at 5pm and driving back for 1.5 hours or 3 depending on the traffic at that time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Well, all will be revealed tomorrow, or the day after depending on whether I get time tomorrow 

Its a busy day - picking up at 5pm and driving back for 1.5 hours or 3 depending on the traffic at that time!

Could you not find a Jaguar dealer closer to home? He he 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farqui said:

So we'll know by the weekend.

Just not sure which weekend!

emoji38.png

Well this weekend obviously - providing I find my way back!

11 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Could you not find a Jaguar dealer closer to home? He he 

They didn't really have any decent cars - for some reason the local Jaguar dealers don't have much stock apart from XEs

If it's the Jag you may as well buy a Nissan Cumquat, they look the same.  I have seen your name appear on the Volvo forum in the past, and let's be honest, it's the better looking of the bunch!......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Audi Q7...

Its not that thing - ruled that out first because it looks like a hypothetical A8 estate on stilts!

19 minutes ago, Farqui said:

^ thank gawd for that.

If you need space, then the Merc and Beemer don't look like contenders with their 'aero' tail gates.

2015-bmw-x6-boot-space.jpg

merc-gle-coupe-328_0.jpg?itok=NwAFvNob

Boot space was alright on them to be fair - dont think it was any less than the NX or the RX from memory. Of course, the XC90 had a massive boot just because of its square shape

• Like 1

That's a surprise, good pic's btw.

My old Civic had a surprisingly big booty with a similar profile to the pic's.  The Civic could stow much, much more than the wife's Golf, not carrying a spare wheel made a substantial difference to the load lugging. 

You still can't have either of the Germanic offerings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

That's a surprise, good pic's btw.

My old Civic had a surprisingly big booty with a similar profile to the pic's.  The Civic could stow much, much more than the wife's Golf, not carrying a spare wheel made a substantial difference to the load lugging. 

You still can't have either of the Germanic offerings.

Yeah the old civic got a lot more in than my IS too

16 hours ago, dougie175 said:
17 hours ago, Farqui said:

...and waaay more than my GS!

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

...and waaay more than my GS!

Never seen a GS boot but I'm guessing its full of hybrid gubbins? Would never get the pram in there then!

16 hours ago, dougie175 said:
16 hours ago, Farqui said:

Never seen a GS boot but I'm guessing its full of hybrid gubbins? Would never get the pram in there then!

Nope, a golf bag is about all that'll fit (just).

PS: sorry but Tapatalk isn't quoting very well for me atm (Android).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links