Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Expensive lesson - Radio paddles

Not the first time I've bought something and not bothered to fit/use it until way after any recourse has timed out, and then found it was not what it claimed to be.

I have this lovely Wood (effect?) Steering wheel bought at great cost from America listed as for a 1993 Lexus LS400.  Thought I'd fit it this weekend as been hanging around for more? than a year.  Blow me but its not for a 1993 LS but possibly for a later model LS which has radio  controls.  Realised this when looked at the blanking on my Wheel being a square whilst this has a larger uneven Rectangle shape each side.

So, can anyone tell me when the first LS400 had paddles (one side or both sides?) as I will need to remarket it. If anyone could let me see a photo of a later model with this panel I can localise it. 

Its hung around because its more the colour of a LS430 even though someone has written LS400 in ink inside the moulding.  Decided I could live with the variation rather than leave it in thge bag, but its no good for my Car.

Thanks

Stuart

This is the same shape wheel frame but mine is marked L5 nor L7.  Also this is for 1994 UCR20 onwards.

Possibly I will be able to swap the rear panel from my existing wheel to include the square access panels.  There were no panels supplied with the wheel which I didn't notice at the time  The Cruise control lever has been left on my wheel and looks the same, so maybe not all lost.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LEXUS-LS400-WALNUT-WOOD-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-AIRBAG-/282551788472?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item41c96623b8:g:9NIAAOSwaeRZKw2n

ps My wheel is dark grey leather (not Taup unfortunately though its difficult to see the difference) and in just the same excellent condition.

Looks very much like the wheel that was on my MK IV DHP, which I sadly no longer have being written off by insurance. Now an RX450H owner

Hi Stuart

I have this type of steering wheel as standard on my Mark 4 I am not sure if that was the first time it appeared or weather it was fitted to the mark 3.

The paddles are for operating the readout on the dash for such things as average fuel consumption time since last fill up average speed etc.

The wooden steering wheel was an option on the Mark 4.