Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs459h Hybrid animation stoped working

3 hours into a 5 hour drive I noticed the animations i.e. The power paths disappeared ? Car seemed to drive fine ? Also noticed that it switched the the hybrid page by itself occasionally. 

Hi, very similar issue to yours was posted on here 1st May this year titled "Energy screen enquiries" hope it helps you. Good luck Tony

Thanks Tony, if it's just a bad connection I can look into if further. 

I was concerned it might be the symptom of something else, it's my first week of driving my GS 450h (08). 53k.  

Alex. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has been in the dealer for the same issue the display did not have any of the arrow lines going either way. My Air Con was also not as cold as it should be. Like yours, the hybrid system was working fine and that Battery was charging up and down  

It was in and had a FULL weeks worth of stripping, protocols followed and a warning that the warranty would not cover anything if it was a broken wire, corroded part etc. They were in contact with lexus technical through the process as they could not find anything wrong. 

Eventually it was traced to an air con pipe, and a possible sensor/compressor issue (the air con/hybrid are linked in some way). 

LUCKILY the warranty company were superb again and covered the full cost (it was in for a total of 7 days). My car is 11 years old in November. 

The cost to the warranty was just over £3200 (which was parts at cost and labour at cost plus 15%). The cost to me, had it not been covered, would have been £5k + easily :wallbash:

Lexus warranty comes good once again and, as ever, Lexus Edinburgh were super helpful. 

Brian.