Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisy Clutch

Lee-xus

Not a problem Lee :thumbs_up:  Are you taking it to a dealer or a indy?

Fingers crossed it is something simple.  I am by no means an expert, and like I said, it is still possible that it is the flywheel, but I would be surprised if it is.  What I can say is that mine has had a replacement flywheel fitted and it juddered badly when it failed.

A squeak when you touch the gear stick?  That is strange.  Perhaps another video is in order?  It seems you gearbox doesn't like you. :smile:

Lexus certainly didn't seem to care about how the gear change feels when they made this one.  I had driven van's with better boxes! :smile:  All I will say is that you get used to it and don't notice it after a while, or at least I certainly don't anymore.  Despite the box - and the horrible turbo lag - I do love mine as well.

By the way, just wondering if you know if the car has had its EGR valve cleaned?  If not, it may be worth looking into since it is easy to do and it would probably be quite well clogged by now.

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Not a problem Lee :thumbs_up:  Are you taking it to a dealer or a indy?

Fingers crossed it is something simple.  I am by no means an expert, and like I said, it is still possible that it is the flywheel, but I would be surprised if it is.  What I can say is that mine has had a replacement flywheel fitted and it juddered badly when it failed.

A squeak when you touch the gear stick?  That is strange.  Perhaps another video is in order?  It seems you gearbox doesn't like you. :smile:

Lexus certainly didn't seem to care about how the gear change feels when they made this one.  I had driven van's with better boxes! :smile:  All I will say is that you get used to it and don't notice it after a while, or at least I certainly don't anymore.  Despite the box - and the horrible turbo lag - I do love mine as well.

By the way, just wondering if you know if the car has had its EGR valve cleaned?  If not, it may be worth looking into since it is easy to do and it would probably be quite well clogged 

Now now shahpor no need to bash the diesel. 

It could put new members off.😉

(I have now done the same) :wink3:

Nothing I haven't stated before. :smile:

Perfectly fine to admit the car has some annoyances.  I have yet to drive the perfect car.

Also, bad changing gearboxes and turbo lag are minor annoyances on what can only be described as one of the most amazing cars ever produced! (Welcome new members :smile:).

Am i being naive here or could you not just pop in to Lexus (Toyota) and they'll tell you. Sounds pretty bad to me so they should know. Mine grumles in neutral and goes silent depressed but apparently that's normal (maybe someone could confirm that as I've only just got the car). Apart from that and the fact it's broken down due to the DPF I'm over the moon. Back to my, faultless for 220,000 miles, LS400 for a while I guess. I wish I could afford a GS300h

Yep, you can pop into the dealer and ask them.  However, they may want to investigate first, which would probably involve an hours labour.

Mine also faintly rumbles in neutral, but like you say, a lot of cars seem to do it and it is harmless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links