Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shampoo-ing and waxing

1. Waxing - used to be part of the 350z-uk forum and there was always rave reviews of Dodo wax. Has anyone got any opinions on it?

2. I have a white car and I find after washing I still have little dirt stuck to the car. I don't really use a highly branded shampoo. Is there a shampoo that would make it easier to get rid of this dirt or is the only option to clay?

Thanks in advance for the responses

50 minutes ago, ashyk36 said:

1. Waxing - used to be part of the 350z-uk forum and there was always rave reviews of Dodo wax. Has anyone got any opinions on it?

2. I have a white car and I find after washing I still have little dirt stuck to the car. I don't really use a highly branded shampoo. Is there a shampoo that would make it easier to get rid of this dirt or is the only option to clay?

Thanks in advance for the responses

1) Dodo juice waxes are quite good but they are expensive for what you get. Its one of those products that attracts a detailing tax. I'd personally stick to Soft99 Fusso, Collinite 845 or 476 or FK1000P

2) Most likely these are tar spots and iron deposits - you may use an iron remover or a tar remover to get rid of these. Shampoos won't remove them. It makes it much easier to clay the car after tar and iron removal

As above, at the very least the paint will have to be clayed to get it clean enough for waxing.

The good thing about Dodo Juice is that they have sample-sized pots that are widely-available and only cost about 6 quid. They're good for about 4 applications so you could probably get a year's worth of waxing out of one. Have a search on eBay and you'll find deals including some microfibre cloths and a finger-mitt applicator (which I would really recommend due to the tiny size of the wax pot) for under a tenner.

They make 2 waxes specially-formulated for light-coloured cars - Light Fantastic & Diamond White. I had previously shied away from their stuff thinking that the popularity of the brand was more down to clever marketing than actual product quality, but I tried out a sample of Diamond White about a week ago and was very impressed with the results. I've also tried Fusso Coat that Rayaan recommends and that's a good shout, but the Dodo Juice gave the car a noticeably warmer & more glossy look. It won't last as long of course, but at this time of year I'll opt for the shinier option. :cool:

13 hours ago, J Henderson said:

As above, at the very least the paint will have to be clayed to get it clean enough for waxing.

The good thing about Dodo Juice is that they have sample-sized pots that are widely-available and only cost about 6 quid. They're good for about 4 applications so you could probably get a year's worth of waxing out of one. Have a search on ebay and you'll find deals including some microfibre cloths and a finger-mitt applicator (which I would really recommend due to the tiny size of the wax pot) for under a tenner.

They make 2 waxes specially-formulated for light-coloured cars - Light Fantastic & Diamond White. I had previously shied away from their stuff thinking that the popularity of the brand was more down to clever marketing than actual product quality, but I tried out a sample of Diamond White about a week ago and was very impressed with the results. I've also tried Fusso Coat that Rayaan recommends and that's a good shout, but the Dodo Juice gave the car a noticeably warmer & more glossy look. It won't last as long of course, but at this time of year I'll opt for the shinier option. :cool:

Have you tried supernatural or rainforest rub? both seem to have good reviews on light coloured cars, personally though I'm not sure about green wax on a white car....

No, I haven't tried any other DJ products besides Diamond White, but I believe Supernatural will be more durable than their regular waxes.

I'm sure Rainforest Rub would buff-out just fine without issue. I have a light coloured car and I use the dark version of Fusso (which is blue in appearance) without any problems. Here's a good quote on the matter by a Dodo Juice representative that I found on another forum..

In the Core Eight there are 4 soft and 4 hard waxes. the difference in these waxes is simply the firmness of the waxes themselves. the main reason for creating a set of each is to cater for the different application methods; by finger/palm or by foam applicator. the finish of the like for like soft to hard wax will be much the same on the paint.

what i would say is that it is more difficult to apply a thin and consistent layer by finger/palm without practice, in comparison to by foam applicator. that is why we have always advised to put a hard wax on before a soft wax if both should be used. it is always recommended to put 2 layers on with at least an hour or two of curing between in order to get best coverage. with two layers on the car you will get 2-3 months of durability with a good maintenance regime.

as for the colour of your cars, it is important to know that any of our waxes can be put on any colour car. although specifically, Rainforest Rub (soft) and Hard Candy (hard) are made to suit any colours, the other colour charged waxes will not 'change the colour of your car once buffed'. however, there are slight differences in the colour of the ingredients and subtle formulaic changes which will subjectively enhance the colours they are developed for.

so for a dark car, if you wanted to go with finger/palm application i would go for Purple Haze or Blue Velvet, if you prefer to use a foam applicator. you can use the same waxes on the white car, will get good results but will not have quite the same gloss and shine as with Light Fantastic or Diamond White.

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

No, I haven't tried any other DJ products besides Diamond White, but I believe Supernatural will be more durable than their regular waxes.

I'm sure Rainforest Rub would buff-out just fine without issue. I have a light coloured car and I use the dark version of Fusso (which is blue in appearance) without any problems. Here's a good quote on the matter by a Dodo Juice representative that I found on another forum..

That is correct - Supernatural is more durable as its a hybrid between a wax and sealant.

No problems with buffing any of them off, they are very very easy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links