Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

something a bit different, is220d

Iain220d

This is my current little project to be working on, i bought the car completly orginal from a older gentleman who had it since new with full history. 

Curent spec is

Tein flex z coilovers.

spc front and rear camber arms.

jpr 18" alloys sprayed in custom blue.

twin exhaust system made by friend of mine.

front lip

rear diffuser 

side skirt extensions

all lights tinted.

blacked out front grill and rear lexus badge.

lexus and model badge removed from boot lid and holes filled in.

Smoothened front bumper

future plans is to source a wide arch kit or reshape the orginal arches as i can not get the front of the car lower without currently rubbing. I have no plans at all to go the air suspension route.

full respray 

nissan sr20 or 2jz engine swap, i have both engines from previous cars and projects so yet to look into which of the options is the easier of the two.

19366193_478123352532659_6101494778298132833_n.jpg

19092913_712639852251477_5569540667701568122_o.jpg

19055117_1553727751324768_455273683146263225_o.jpg

19143819_1553728751324668_7286777560206311730_o.jpg

18766643_1312773905486566_2989259251389129884_o.jpg

19025123_1551834971514046_403189321333892339_o.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting stuff.

I had a S14 200SX back in the day, so if you are talking about the SR20DET, then it would certainly shift with a few basic mods (which I am sure you got covered :smile:).

The car looks well smart in her all black tux, very slick.

What made you select the wheel colour? - much to my surprise it kinda works.

Crumbs a 200SX takes me back, what a great car.  The gear change was amazing, was comfy, it handled well and had oodles of boost.  Although I did get a little tired of the initial turbo lag and then moved on.  The mrs and I still wax lyrical about it occasionally tho.  Every time the mrs drove it some herbert wanted to race her #bigmistake

Surely the 220d is crying out for a smooth Toyota straight 6.

Love what you've done. I couldn't see myself driving it but I still think it looks fantastic - well done, it's clearly your pride'n'joy

Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Surely the 220d is crying out for a smooth Toyota straight 6.

That is the dream but from looking at forums in America space anf more importantly the wirimg loom is the biggest issue. My previous car was a 1.5 jz Bn sports Toyota Mark II so i do have noting but love for the jz engines.

thanks for the comments there much appreciated.

The wheel colour choice was sure why not to keep it a bit different which was the reason why i bought the  is220 in the first place as the is220d and is250 in ireland arent a thing in the modified world lets say, a lot of audi and bmw can be seen on the roads.

• Like 1

Nice work someone recently smooth the wide arches on an ISF and it looked amazing in the US, never a fan of just riveting them on the extra time effort and money was really worth it. I would post some picture but they hosted them on photobucket and PB have just tried to destroy build threads so I cant post his pics!

• Like 1

I wouldnt be a huge fan of just riveting on arches for the sake of it, whatever option is decided upon they will be smoothed and made into the body shape.

Over here in ireland it is next to impossible to get aftermarket parts for the idea i have currently everything has come from America, is there anyone uk based selling the likes of front arches, spoilers etc. 

Also looking for a front diffuser and canards for the front bumper.

22 hours ago, Farqui said:

Crumbs a 200SX takes me back, what a great car.  The gear change was amazing, was comfy, it handled well and had oodles of boost.  Although I did get a little tired of the initial turbo lag and then moved on.  The mrs and I still wax lyrical about it occasionally tho.  Every time the mrs drove it some herbert wanted to race her #bigmistake

So, which one did you have Lee?

I miss mine sometimes as well.  On a few small tweaks, but it went well enough when the boost picked up. :smile:

56 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

So, which one did you have Lee?

I miss mine sometimes as well.  On a few small tweaks, but it went well enough when the boost picked up. :smile:

Mine was one of the last S14 Kouki / face lift models.

It's not showing up in a vehicle check, so the trucker who bought her (with the heavy right foot) must have wrapped her too :sad:

What was yours?

Nissan200SX_Front.jpg

Looks nice.  It is shame if it did come to a bad end, but unfortunately, due to their tale happy nature, I suspect a lot of them have now disappeared.

Speaking of which, my old one also seems to have vanished around 2010.

Anyway, he it is back in the day:

IMG_0815.JPG.2bffd95b60d6cfc9cec6e62398142e9b.JPG

Did you mod yours at all?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Looks nice.  It is shame if it did come to a bad end, but unfortunately, due to their tale happy nature, I suspect a lot of them have now disappeared.

Speaking of which, my old one also seems to have vanished around 2010.

Anyway, he it is back in the day:

IMG_0815.JPG.2bffd95b60d6cfc9cec6e62398142e9b.JPG

Did you mod yours at all?

These cars are also getting on a bit now :wink3:  much like their former owners (ahem).

Nope, mine was completely stock and in great condition but we needed a more practical car at the time.

Was yours tweaked?

38 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Big 200sx fan, a drifters dream I believe!

Yep, easy to drift and control in most cases.  I remember one particular roundabout that mine seemed to like taking sideways. :smile:

32 minutes ago, Farqui said:

These cars are also getting on a bit now :wink3:  much like their former owners (ahem).

Nope, mine was completely stock and in great condition but we needed a more practical car at the time.

Was yours tweaked?

Nothing major;  modified intake, boost controller and gauge.  Ran around 16psi boost if I remember right.  Was fast enough for most occasions! :smile:  Always planned to do more, but didn't before it was time to sell.

Oh, and apologies to Iain for hijacking your thread. :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...