Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering springs ?? Anyone fitted them ?

Hi all, currently got IS250 I be changing few month time for IS300h, anyone lowered it on lowering springs ? It appear to be slim pickings for choice on 300h, bit more for 250 and even 200t, lot less parts for the 3rd Gen IS than 2nd and even 1st gen IS !! I did find the Japanese brand RSR but that lowers it by 10-15mm front and 15-20mm rear for non F-sport that is not alot !!!! where as on f-sport is lowers by 25-30mm that sounds more satisfying, I assume the f-sport suspension are lower anyway ?? It be easier to buy f-sport (easier said than done) but there are lot more non f-sport than f-sport, if you look at the trim from SE, executive, luxury, sport, premier etc so yes there be a chance I get a non f-sport one !! Any other suggestion on lowering springs ? Not wanting to go the coil over route......

rsr.jpg

31 minutes ago, UK250 said:

Hi all, currently got IS250 I be changing few month time for IS300h, anyone lowered it on lowering springs ? It appear to be slim pickings for choice on 300h, bit more for 250 and even 200t, lot less parts for the 3rd Gen IS than 2nd and even 1st gen IS !! I did find the Japanese brand RSR but that lowers it by 10-15mm front and 15-20mm rear for non F-sport that is not alot !!!! where as on f-sport is lowers by 25-30mm that sounds more satisfying, I assume the f-sport suspension are lower anyway ?? It be easier to buy f-sport (easier said than done) but there are lot more non f-sport than f-sport, if you look at the trim from SE, executive, luxury, sport, premier etc so yes there be a chance I get a non f-sport one !! Any other suggestion on lowering springs ? Not wanting to go the coil over route......

rsr.jpg

Reason it's not done is because the IS300H is low enough as it is. It'd scrape on bumps otherwise

Thanks !, So the 300h is lower than say the is250 etc ?? Can't say I noticed or compared the height of them 2 ! I did see a pic of a JDM IS300h with the RSR lowered springs 10-15mm F and 15-20mm R and it looks quite low if not very low then again the way and type surface the car is parked can often make a car look higher / lower than it is !! As for getting F-sport yes I would love to, however more non f-sport than f-sport and my main points I be looking for is mileage i want and price of the car than the trim levels (it be second hand) but hey if F-sport one comes up with the mileage I want and within my budget then it be perfect ! :)

8 hours ago, UK250 said:

Thanks !, So the 300h is lower than say the is250 etc ?? Can't say I noticed or compared the height of them 2 ! I did see a pic of a JDM IS300h with the RSR lowered springs 10-15mm F and 15-20mm R and it looks quite low if not very low then again the way and type surface the car is parked can often make a car look higher / lower than it is !! As for getting F-sport yes I would love to, however more non f-sport than f-sport and my main points I be looking for is mileage i want and price of the car than the trim levels (it be second hand) but hey if F-sport one comes up with the mileage I want and within my budget then it be perfect ! :)

Its pretty low - it only just goes over normal kerbs

many owners on here with F sports have clipped the front bumper on kebs stones whilst parking

you wont realise how low the IS300h is until you park it, get out and walk around to the front and see

you have had just enough clearance to clear the kerb stone.

leave the springs alone.

Or simply park further back from the kerb!

I fitted coil-overs to my C class, 35mm drop from standard and never had an issue. Yes needed care over speed bumps but was worth it for the stance.

That all said I would never just change the springs, you need to match them with the correct dampers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J Henderson said:

I always park rear-first when there's kerbs to avoid the grounded bumper scenario.

Wouldn't work with the IS300h. Rear diffuser isn't much higher than the bumper up front and the exhaust tips are lower.

A current IS has pretty stiff suspension for me, possibly as a result of my advancing years it must be said, so lowering it would lead to a very stiff ride. I agree with a lot of posts too, it is a low car. Ask my mother every time she got in and out of mine.

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

A current IS has pretty stiff suspension for me, possibly as a result of my advancing years it must be said, so lowering it would lead to a very stiff ride. I agree with a lot of posts too, it is a low car. Ask my mother every time she got in and out of mine.

Definitely an age thing! 

Wife's F Sport rides much better than the C Class elegance it replaced and that was on 16" wheels with 205/55 tyres!

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

Definitely an age thing! 

Wife's F Sport rides much better than the C Class elegance it replaced and that was on 16" wheels with 205/55 tyres!

Ha ha. I've always wanted a Merc and always came away feeling underwhelmed by their refinement. I did get to swan around in an S320 CDI for a while and that was pretty amazing. Always been slightly disappointed by every C Class I've driven though. I wouldn't say not to a C63 AMG though and I'd happily put up with the hard ride, doubt I'd need a stereo too!

43 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Ha ha. I've always wanted a Merc and always came away feeling underwhelmed by their refinement. I did get to swan around in an S320 CDI for a while and that was pretty amazing. Always been slightly disappointed by every C Class I've driven though. I wouldn't say not to a C63 AMG though and I'd happily put up with the hard ride, doubt I'd need a stereo too!

I had the C270cdi with Sports Pack. The ride was very 'jiggly' far too rebound happy. I fitted Bilstein coil-overs and transformed the ride. Far more controlled, cornered on rails and tracked beautifully despite our less than wonderful UK roads. I'd say it handled better than my CLS55 :yes:

4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I had the C270cdi with Sports Pack. The ride was very 'jiggly' far too rebound happy. I fitted Bilstein coil-overs and transformed the ride. Far more controlled, cornered on rails and tracked beautifully despite our less than wonderful UK roads. I'd say it handled better than my CLS55 :yes:

Well my wife's was supposed to be the "Elegance" - certainly wasn't the way that the diesel rattled and stuff. Overall a decent car but certainly nothing more than a driving appliance

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Well my wife's was supposed to be the "Elegance" - certainly wasn't the way that the diesel rattled and stuff. Overall a decent car but certainly nothing more than a driving appliance

The C270 was silent when cruising, pleasantly gruff exhaust note under acceleration. Only at idle did one really hear the engine. Did 130k miles of trouble free motoring in that car, averaged an easy 50+mpg on a run.

On 04/07/2017 at 9:31 PM, UK250 said:

rsr.jpg

Hi UK250, I have a 2016 200T and it is lowered on Tein Hi-Tech 25mm front and 20mm rear. Have to say I am really pleased, ride is really good. The front currently sits a tiny bit higher and grounding is only a problem over quite severe bumps. Handling is amazingly taught and sharp. These springs were for the 2013-2016 IS250 but are fine on my car and probably the IS300H. Online they are currently selling for £180 and Tein as a brand have a great reputation. Hope this helps! 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 19/07/2017 at 7:43 AM, BaransuIS250 said:

Hi UK250, I have a 2016 200T and it is lowered on Tein Hi-Tech 25mm front and 20mm rear. Have to say I am really pleased, ride is really good. The front currently sits a tiny bit higher and grounding is only a problem over quite severe bumps. Handling is amazingly taught and sharp. These springs were for the 2013-2016 IS250 but are fine on my car and probably the IS300H. Online they are currently selling for £180 and Tein as a brand have a great reputation. Hope this helps! 

Hi, you got any pics of the car lowered ?

it looks ok .

for me the rear is too low i dont like the look when the you lose the gap between the tyre and arch

i'd rather have an even gap between the tyre and arch but thats just me

50 minutes ago, 200h said:

it looks ok .

for me the rear is too low i dont like the look when the you lose the gap between the tyre and arch

i'd rather have an even gap between the tyre and arch but thats just me

I agree. The wheel gap between the wings and the tyre at the top is much smaller than the gap at the sides so looks odd in my opinion. 

TBH I think the IS sits pretty well without any lowering springs.

Hi UK250. I'm suprised you're not seeing many f sports. When I was looking for my premier premium all I was seeing were a few luxury but lots of f sports at various mileages and prices.

As for lowering an none f sport then it's totally an individual thing. The photo posted of a lowered is300h looks fab to me.

I'm on my 2nd is300h premier premium and this one is so much better than the one I had a year ago. That car must of had suspension from a f sport and it rode the road awfully to me. It jarred on any road surface which wasn't smooth.

I suggest you find a f sport near you, any will do, and take it for a test run to see if you'd want to lower and stiffen one. 

7 hours ago, ghost_killer said:

Hi, you got any pics of the car lowered ?

Here are a couple of pics of my car lowered. The back is very slightly lower by about 1cm. I have had it from new and done 16k miles and it has been lowered all that time so I am used to it. Probably a bit firmer than the non standard Premier but not excessive and I feel it looks far better. 

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links