Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switching from 08 to 10/11

I currently own a 2008 Lexus IS-F and I love it to bits, best car I have ever owned, and only gives me confidence in the brand that I will stick with throughout the years, and hopefully pick up a GS-F or RC-F in the next couple of years.

But for now, I am really debating on swapping mine for a 10/11 model, and paying the extra bit.

I am wanting one in that Blue being one of the main reasons, but also I have heard they added LED headlights, a Slip Diff, hard drive based sat nav and Bluetooth music streaming? Is there anything else? I also want those new wheels that are more meshed.

Has anyone else done this?

15 minutes ago, Paulo Correia said:

I currently own a 2008 Lexus IS-F and I love it to bits, best car I have ever owned, and only gives me confidence in the brand that I will stick with throughout the years, and hopefully pick up a GS-F or RC-F in the next couple of years.

But for now, I am really debating on swapping mine for a 10/11 model, and paying the extra bit.

I am wanting one in that Blue being one of the main reasons, but also I have heard they added LED headlights, a Slip Diff, hard drive based sat nav and Bluetooth music streaming? Is there anything else? I also want those new wheels that are more meshed.

Thought about it many a time and still do but.... I've never been completely convinced I would notice enough difference to warrant the extra spend.... I fully appreciate yours dilemma. I also then consider waiting a couple of years for the RCF or GSF to drop and upgrade to a newer F. 

1 hour ago, Paulo Correia said:

The later models have LED daylight running lights that you can turn off if you want. The headlamps are HID.

They do have a hard drive for recording your CDs to and Bluetooth

The dash clocks are different as well with one big rev counter and a small analogue Speedo. Digital Speedo is inside the rev dial.

Pretty sure those wheels were an option but I've seen a few for sale with them.

Oh and the blue is a great colour and gets noticed but it also shows up everything lol.

8 hours ago, Mark G said:

The blue models are worth more as well................oh and they are faster than the others..........its true.............

And there are LOADS for sale (because they are so popular)

:yes:

• Like 1

Don't forget the revised rear suspension setup.

I have 11 plate. But it doesn't have all these features. I'm missing the center rev counter and LED running lights. But do have better audio, with Bluetooth streaming etc.

Seems there was a cross over at some point, so don't assume by the plate it's got everything you might be looking for.

I wouldn't bother, mine is a 2009 and having driven a few 2010/11 cars when buying, it's not worth paying the premium if you have an earlier low mileage minter.  If your wanting a GSF/RCF in the future, save your money for one of them.

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Paulo - I did this and traded in my 09 ISF for a 12 model last year.  For me it made sense, same car but all the upgrades etc. of the UK run-out version.  I had my 09 for four years and was looking for a replacement and like the ISF so much I was happy to stick with it via a later model.

Very subjective choice, but worked for me and as I have said on other posts, for me the ISF trumps other 'F' cars so was good enough to justify this.

• Like 1

Yep I jumped from a 2008 to a MY2010 back in 2012 mainly for asthetic reasons as loved the ultrasonic blue with white interior combo, the dealer offered me a good px and knocked a fair bit off the new car price as well so made sense financially.  Nothing else came close in terms of reliability, power, rarity etc so stuck with the same type rather than jumping to the BMW, Merc or Audi usual suspects.

Added bonuses of making the upgrade were full post code input on the sat nav, better phone integration and music streaming, car came with the option 'mesh' wheels which very few have and of course the fact it was slightly faster as its blue!  Is it true that silver paint is heavier and slows the car down???

yes it's has the Torsen LSD and tweaked suspension but did I notice any real difference from the 2008, no. There both quite firm rides but isn't that what you would expect from this type of car.  Just wish they'd also moved the sport button to the steering wheel for the MY2010 rather than wait for the 2011 facelift.  Only other difference between the 2010 and 2011 versions is the addition of DRL's at the expense of the adaptive headlights and change in layout of the rev counter and speedo etc as far as I can tell.

13 hours ago, Dave McDave said:

yes it's has the Torsen LSD and tweaked suspension but did I notice any real difference from the 2008, no...

I've never driven a newer ISF with the mechanical LSD, but having owned my '08 for almost 2yrs now, also having done a track day at Silverstone with it in the sopping wet, I can't say I'm bothered not having one. It certainly performed as well as I could drive to, and I wasn't hanging about! 

I swapped the suspension springs and dampers from the stock '08 to the '13 variants and noticed a *slight* improvement in ride quality. Not massive, but enough to take the edge off. 

Personally, I'd save the extra money and either put it towards a GSF/RCF, or buy a second car - light, agile, something far more suited to a few track days a year :-)

• Like 2

Hello from a new member who is giving one of these some serious thought for later in the year. .

This thread is interesting as it confirms what I have seen from watching various cars on the market, that is that the upgrades seem a bit haphazard. In fact, I have only seen one car with the centre tacho and that was a 2013 model despite this being announced as an MY11 change. Then there are the DRL's which appear absent on some. It looks like Lexus were trying to run down the parts bin. How can you be sure you are buying a late model with the LSD and suspension changes as there are obviously harder to verify just by looking?

Cheers all, this looks like a very friendly forum :)

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

The 1st upgrades were for the 2010 model year, which included an LSD and the easiest way to tell is the inclusion of a blue panel around the F badge at the bottom of the sterring wheel, but it will still have the equal sized speedo & rev counter.  Because so few ISF's were imported some of these were registered in 2011.

The more major upgrades came shortly after, in early 2011, when they tweeked the suspension etc. As far as I know there were no significant changes thereafter, 2013 being the final year of production. The easiest way to indentify if its one of these models are the DRL's externally, and internally the large central rev counter / smaller speedo and sport button on the sterring wheel (also with blue panel around F badge). Lexus made phased improvements to the ISF rather than the usual mid life facelift & upgrades.

Hope this helps & good luck with your search for one.

• Like 2

Thanks, Dave, that is good info. I had noticed the blue on the s/wheel but didn't know it signified anything, seems like the LSD is easy to pick then bit the rest is more tricky. I will be looking for a late car and hope to get most of the updates - LSD, DAB and suspension at least. Not so bothered about DRL's or the big tacho. I will spend some time reading through the forum and be ready to pounce when the right car appears (Blue, white trim, sunroof, <35k miles :w00t:)

Cheers

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links