Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just installed my new lower ball joints £75 each OEM and paid £35 at indy to install them.

The car no longer clunk over speed bumps. The left side was historically bad but did them as a pair anyway (will post pictures of the bad ones soon).

I thought that would resolve the braking judder at low speeds issue altogether but not

The issue I noticed is that when braking it judders. And when slamming brakes at 5mph the car goes back and forth as well as a clunk noise.

I am pretty sure that this is the lower control arms. I had a sneak below and they look  like originals. Mileage is 170,000 ish.

Anyone any experience.

I have got a price from Lexus Birmingham for £62.50 each for the bushing.

Cheers LS lovers

I'd be a bit surprised if they original at that mileage. If they are I'd replace them without any doubt.

It's a job I have to do on my 83k miles car as they are worn. I'll do the ball joints too as they are leaking grease whilst they have no play.

Of course, you might have worn and warped discs? 

I get some brake shimmy and wear out inside tyre at alarming rate...all tracking is spot on.

Have work to do.

22 hours ago, ls400lpg said:

Anyone any experience.

I got 2 Lexus control arms in 2013, maybe lower I dont know, £417 the pair.

To narrow down what I actualy got the numbers were.....

E48777-59025.......H61

E48790-59025.......F31

Those numbers mean nothing to me

14 minutes ago, Malc said:

ronts now are @£500 and rears @£250 and that's EACH side

Are you sure those price are for >lower< arms.........I was given the price £527 each inc VAT about 3 weeks ago for >upper< control arms, it was Lexus edgware rd who gave that price, the previous price I gave was from lexus hatfield =Lookers

20 minutes ago, Malc said:

Upper Control Arms are UCAs  ..... I've not said anything about lower control arms, sorry for the confusion

heres the lookers 2013 receipt, double click the youtube screen to enlarge

26 minutes ago, Malc said:

Upper Control Arms are UCAs  ..... I've not said anything about lower control arms, sorry for the confusion

Malc

OK, got it now, all i know about my 2013 thing is lexus dont fit bushes, which was my problem, (which is what >the< problem was) so I had to buy 2 control arms instead, below is the reciept, the last was obscure cause of converting to vid form, just double click yourube screen to enlarge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKsnqIQSkc

On 7/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, ls400lpg said:

I have got a price from Lexus Birmingham for £62.50 each for the bushing.

Do you mean the brum lexus outlet replaces bushes??

28 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

Lexus might not fit bushes but you can buy them from them.

Your in berks, which lexus retailer said they would supply bushes?

Lexus edgware never offered to supply the bushes, they said they did not do them, I >assumed> that was all lexus not just them

I got them from Lexus in Birmingham by post and a discount...now I think that Lexus will only replace the complete component...doesn't mean they won't sell you the bush...

5 hours ago, Tinonline said:

I got them from Lexus in Birmingham by post and a discount...

Lexus edgware rd and/or hatfield might have conviently overlooked that, all they said was that they 'do not fit bushes', me being a dummy on these things ( I dont even know what bushes on parts are for ) never thought to ask if they sold them seperate to be fitted by someone else, i currently need bushes for upper arms (173k + 22years) all I need now is for a garage to fit  them, my indi dont do that although I will ask him again as it was not an issue discussed at much length.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links