Just to quick queries long-term owners may be able to answer. 

1. When I set a destination on the satnav, on both my previous IS and my wife's CT, it was not necessary to click "Start" - after a short delay to allow you to add further destinations to the route, the navigation started anyway. However, it appears the NX requires this (and it cannot be done by voice control).  

Is this correct? Or is there a setting which allows this to be changed?

2. The boot is automatic (so far so good), but it has to close all the way before you can lock the car. As it takes a while, I can see this getting slightly irritating.

Can this be set so the car is locked in advance of the boot closing?

1 hour ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Just to quick queries long-term owners may be able to answer. 

1. When I set a destination on the satnav, on both my previous IS and my wife's CT, it was not necessary to click "Start" - after a short delay to allow you to add further destinations to the route, the navigation started anyway. However, it appears the NX requires this (and it cannot be done by voice control).  

Is this correct? Or is there a setting which allows this to be changed?

2. The boot is automatic (so far so good), but it has to close all the way before you can lock the car. As it takes a while, I can see this getting slightly irritating.

Can this be set so the car is locked in advance of the boot closing?

I believe the answer is no to both

Item 2 irritates me a little on mine I must admit. I've just got used to the first item. Would like a Home shortcut mind!

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

Item 2 irritates me a little on mine I must admit. I've just got used to the first item. Would like a Home shortcut mind!

It seems to be a UK thing. US gets the button where you can press it twice and it'll lock upon closing.

Same with the RX.

I've actually hit upon partial solutions in each case. 

1. If you navigate away from the navigation screen by doing anything at all, the route starts. Since I generally only use it in half screen anyway, this means I can simply set home and I'm good. (There is a home shortcut - I think Paul maybe means there is no "back" shortcut? Even the CT has that, so I do miss it a little.)

2. I hadn't realised that the boot closing or opening can be stopped from the key. That means, for example, it I just want to grab a briefcase from the boot I can stop the opening with the key quite soon after it starts, and when I press the key again it takes no time to close from where it is. 

Which makes me want to try that double press thing now...

The newer IS models have a Home shortcut from the main nav screen which I quite liked. In an NX you have to go through a number of clicks from the nav screen to select home as destination. Given that almost 50% of the journeys I do when I need the satnav on are me going home, a shortcut straight from the main nav screen would be useful. I only have the basic nav though so maybe the advanced setup has this?

Interesting what you say about the route starting automatically Ian. I was wondering why mine occasionally started automatically.

Be wary of stopping the boot opening all the way with the key or button on the lid. I almost always end up smacking my head on the way down or usually on the way back up. I've just got used to waiting for it now. You can change the height to which it opens though within the settings menu. Being short of stature, I have mine set to not open all the way which makes it a bit quicker.

13 hours ago, rayaans said:

It seems to be a UK thing. US gets the button where you can press it twice and it'll lock upon closing.

Same with the RX.

Wonder why? You'd think something like this would be the same on both sides of the pond.

Re the boot, yes, I had to leave the setting at 5 for that reason (and I'm below average height). 

I see what you mean re the home shortcut now. I am not sure which Nav you have; on mine there are six destination presets at the bottom of the destination screen, one of which is "Home" (so you are actually only two clicks away - "Destination" > "Home"); or I can use voice control simply to say "Go Home". I don't know if this applies across the range. 

Blimey. You've got me thinking I might be missing something. I'll check next time I go out. Cheers!

12 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Re the boot, yes, I had to leave the setting at 5 for that reason (and I'm below average height). 

I see what you mean re the home shortcut now. I am not sure which Nav you have; on mine there are six destination presets at the bottom of the destination screen, one of which is "Home" (so you are actually only two clicks away - "Destination" > "Home"); or I can use voice control simply to say "Go Home". I don't know if this applies across the range. 

It's definitely on all models with premium nav fitted. My 3RX had this and so does wife's IS and new RX. I can't remember whether it was on the standard nav system though 

The other thing is that merely pressing the voice control gives you the option simply to click "Go Home". 

I have standard nav so no Home shortcut. No voice control either. I'll just have to stick with the lots of clicks and twists