Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a heads up really about a promotion at BP that LPG users probably know about anyway. Buy at least 30 litres of LPG,ask for a LPG saver card when you go to pay and they will stamp it,and you get 1p per litre off that purchase. Next time you go there,or any participating BP garage,you get 2p off per litre and so on until you are getting 10p off every litre. Just been to my local (well 10 miles away) BP where the board advertised it at 53.9 per litre and got it a penny cheaper of course. The actual nearest garage to me that sells LPG (a Total garage),only four miles away,was charging 59.9 with no offers,so it pays to look around. I go past the BP garage about once a fortnight,so ideal really. For people local to Eastbourne the nearest BP is at Golden Cross and the Total is at Cophall Services at Polegate. Happy shopping.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, thatfatbloke said:

Just a heads up really about a promotion at BP that LPG usersshopping.

Im in west london & the only 2 BP stations I know which sold it stopped selling it around a year 18 months ago, I dont know any other BP stations that sell it, I'm confined to shell.

There are a couple of LPG sites that have a complete list of all the LPG filling points some of which are not normal petrol filling stations.

Mine starts at 50p and I get a 1p off each time I fill up all the way to 10p off a litre giving me a 40p a litre every 10 fillups. Lovely. Me and my Lexus have huge smiles. I fill up in a Calor Gas center and you dont have to sit for ages while some one leaves their car on the only pump you can use while they do their weeks shopping. LPG forever.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Me and my Lexus have huge smiles.

Well I managed enough time for a few check ups and indications are there is an LPG usage/sales decline other than my local 2 BP's.

Amongst other variables I had time to check my installer, which was widely recommended on here a few years ago, many used & recommended them including including me, an excellent installer, well now they were dissolved (company house check) in 2013, I recommended them within this past 6 months, only just found out

Sadly I think LPG sales outlets are on the decline, manufacturers stopped the few models they made but worse than that there were quite a lot of sheer and utter crap installers jumped on the 'trend' bandwagon, made a bit of money, did a crap instillation and disappeared, London apparently high on the list of crap installers.

On top of all that LPG conversions have not been either very advertised or well advertised in this day age, it's still ok and available, but, often enough there might be a travell to nearest station, I think my nearest now is 10 'London' miles round trip.

Bluesman, I notice you used profess, heres the company house link to the 2013 'dissolved' status

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1499529369&#result

Within a 30 mile radius of where I live there is only one BP station selling LPG.  Before retiring I used to get my LPG from a large builder's merchants, who also sold LPG for heating.  It was used by most of the taxi drivers (using LPG) in the area, and they sold it for 43p a litre.

The moral of the story: if you see a taxi with an LPG filling port, ask him where he gets his LPG.  It is bound to be the cheapest place in your area. :wink3:

@dendonc - your link wasn't working but when I searched myself I found this:

profess.jpg.b338aa6d6c0e6710028d34e96ef0daa9.jpg

The UKLPG website reckons that there are more than 1400 outlets selling autogas and the website I linked to earlier, https://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php, says that there are 1361 confirmed outlets, so both websites are fairly close in their numbers. I don't think that there's ever been a great lot more than this, so I'm not sure that there's any great downturn in the sale and use of autogas - not so much so that we need to be worried anyway.

32 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

@dendonc - your link wasn't working but when I searched myself I found this:......etc...... not so much so that we need to be worried anyway.

If I were in a position to refresh cars I would would want to change to LPG >>>but><< knowing what I know and have heard I would have big time difficulty in choosing where to go, when i went LPG this LS400/430 was busy by comparison to now & with profess gone I never heard multiple recommendations & stories of great experiences with another company.

Make no mistake an LPG conversion has more crap cowboys than hollywood ever produced, finding a good installer is a minefield, it always was that way.

but 2015 was a long time ago in corporate history ....  maybe the individuals have resurrected the business under a new name ?

Malc

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

maybe the individuals have resurrected the business under a new name ?

There are still a few that come up in S Wales & your probably right at least some of Profess guys have gone there. One huge difference  between profess & the others is that Profess was a polish company & every one of it's staff were sent to poland on their course, many had no previous experience as mechanics or related.

The google search link below shows LPG converters in S Wales but old things come up as profess is on there & they've been gone since June 2013.

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

but 2015 was a long time ago in corporate

I never mentioned 2015 unless I did a typo somewhere

Link to s wales LPG converters

http://bit.ly/2uCT6oS

I agree entirely. When I first went LPG and had my Nissan Maxima QX converted in 2006 (IIRC) it took me a good FOUR MONTHS of research to make my mind up about who I was going to go to. Someone told me that if the installer didn't correctly match the LPG system to the power of the car it would change back to petrol when working hard, which is exactly the time when you want the car drinking cheap gas rather than expensive petrol.

There was a guy just 6 or 7 miles from me doing conversions and he had an excellent reputation. His work was exceptionally tidy, he knew exactly what he was doing and he did it very well. However, he was only qualified for one system and he couldn't guarantee that it was suitable for my car and that it wouldn't change back to petrol under heavy load, so I couldn't let him do the work.

It was very difficult. Sometimes you'd get the correct system but the installer wasn't great. Other times the installer was brilliant but couldn't supply the necessary system and so on.

I eventually decided on a guy about 40 miles away who fitted an OMVL Dream XXIn system and did a brilliant job and I was well pleased. When we got the RX300 last year I wanted him to do the conversion again but he's now retired so I started researching again. Thankfully it wasn't difficult this time. I heard about a guy who is about 100 miles away from me who has an excellent reputation. I can't mention his name because he upset the forum mods and got himself banned from here. I've been warned that if I dare utter his name again that not only will I be banned myself but it will also release the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and bring about the end of the world as we know it :biggrin:

However, I will say this - I am so impressed by the knowledge that he has and by his craftmanship and the work that he's done on my RX300, that if someone went to him on my say so and they weren't happy with the conversion, I would pay the bill myself; such is the regard in which I hold this chap.

14 minutes ago, dendonc said:

I never mentioned 2015 unless I did a typo somewhere

Sorcerer  extracted the Companies House stuff and the last mentioned Profess Autogas to go out of business was in 2015  ..  see above !

Malc

I think you'll find that Profess is a Phoenix  situation still in business.  However, the Balance sheet of Profess LPG Ltd does not lend itself to confidence. April 2016 being latest. Also did someone say the main man was "away"? 

I understand to whom you are referring Sorcerer and though he possibly would do a very good job for anyone needing a conversion I can sort of see why he is not getting on to the Forum. He has a propensity to very adequately explain his knowldge of the subject in considerable length which might "take over" the forums main purpose in life which is not purely LPG.

When France says iot wants top be petrol and diesel free in the future, surely LPG has a good chance of growth? Do Batteries really not have an impact on the environment in their manufacture the need to charge them with electricity?

However the below may come as a suprise to some members.

Total Assets £48,653 -41% £82,416 -43.6% £146,038 -24.1% £192,365 -7.7% £208,313
barchart-grey.png Total Liabilities £200,683 5% £191,167 -8.9% £209,947 -1.6% £213,396 4.8% £203,617
barchart-grey.png Net Assets -£152,030 -39.8% -£108,751 -70.2% -£63,909 -203.9% -£21,031 -547.8% £4,696
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I think you'll find that Profess is a Phoenix  situation still in business.  However, the Balance sheet of Profess LPG Ltd does not lend itself to confidence. April 2016 being latest. Also did someone say the main man was "away"? 

Hi runsgrateasanut.......

I just lost a post which gave a confusing 'pheonix' situation & different records in two different type company house searches..........anyway I so ****** off that flaming post just vanished from existance so leaving anything else off for now, just to say your findings add interest to whatever profess is, was, why & wherefore etc........now I cannot even turn this stupid bold into normal print........Im off

I'm intrigued by France being free of diesel and petrol,.......... they say by 2040

I just wonder how electric combine harvesters will work, long distance trucks, classic cars ............  let alone mowing the grass :yahoo:

Perhaps they'll run them on grape juice eh !

Malc

5 hours ago, Malc said:

I'm intrigued by France being free of diesel and petrol,.......... they say by 2040

I just wonder how electric combine harvesters will work, long distance trucks, classic cars ............  let alone mowing the grass :yahoo:

Perhaps they'll run them on grape juice eh !

Malc

It works for me!!!

11 hours ago, Malc said:

And what about visitors/holidaymakers? How will we fuel our cars if we need to travel in France in a petrol or diesel vehicle? Will LPG still be available for us elite ones? :laugh:

As regards profess, I came across what looks like an obsolete forum or a forum with some unknown reason for its existance.....see link below theres a lengthy post about profess.......all I can repeat is what a great service result I got around 2012 or 13

Interesting forum link

http://lawbytes.boards.net/thread/834/profess-autogas

I also found this about profess on the volvo forum

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160963

On 7/8/2017 at 10:18 AM, thatfatbloke said:

Just a heads up really about a promotion at BP that LPG users

I'm interested if you have an LPG conversion and who converted it? now profess seems to have split up or gone into the unknown......

On 08/07/2017 at 10:18 AM, thatfatbloke said:

Just a heads up really about a promotion at BP that LPG users probably know about anyway. Buy at least 30 litres of LPG,ask for a LPG saver card when you go to pay and they will stamp it,and you get 1p per litre off that purchase. Next time you go there,or any participating BP garage,you get 2p off per litre and so on until you are getting 10p off every litre. Just been to my local (well 10 miles away) BP where the board advertised it at 53.9 per litre and got it a penny cheaper of course. The actual nearest garage to me that sells LPG (a Total garage),only four miles away,was charging 59.9 with no offers,so it pays to look around. I go past the BP garage about once a fortnight,so ideal really. For people local to Eastbourne the nearest BP is at Golden Cross and the Total is at Cophall Services at Polegate. Happy shopping.

I use the same garage, but also use one in Brighton that uses the same discount card.

Popped in last week, on my way home from Yorkshire, and needed a new card, which now goes up to 15p/L off.

11 hours ago, mikeyv said:

I use the same garage, but also use one in Brighton that uses the same discount card.

Popped in last week, on my way home from Yorkshire, and needed a new card, which now goes up to 15p/L off.

15p off a litre what a great day that is when you fill up I'm over the moon with 10p.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links