Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 09/07/2017 at 9:03 PM, dendonc said:

I'm interested if you have an LPG conversion and who converted it? now profess seems to have split up or gone into the unknown......

I would happily tell you who did mine but I'm not allowed to or I'll be banned from the forum myself. You can either PM me or email me off the board at darkstar2004@btinternet.com for details.

4 hours ago, Bluesman said:

15p off a litre what a great day that is when you fill up I'm over the moon with 10p.

Yes, £9 off a tankful will be very nice, but tinged with sadness.........you're next tankful will be back at full price!!

I'd guess that the new 15p off cards will be available all over though, surely.

I might grab a few more next time I'm there, in case it's temporary.

24 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Yes, £9 off a tankful will be very nice, but tinged with sadness.........you're next tankful will be back at full price!!

I'd guess that the new 15p off cards will be available all over though, surely.

I might grab a few more next time I'm there, in case it's temporary.

I suppose it depends what outlets you've got access to but around here BP stations are a minimum of 10p/l more expensive than the Calor Centres and even 7p/l more expensive than the Shell/Texaco stations, which means that when you get your discounted litres it's still more expensive and you're only getting your own money back that you paid over the odds anyway  :wacko:

2 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

I suppose it depends what outlets you've got access to but around here BP stations are a minimum of 10p/l more expensive than the Calor Centres and even 7p/l more expensive than the Shell/Texaco stations, which means that when you get your discounted litres it's still more expensive and you're only getting your own money back that you paid over the odds anyway  :wacko:

Indeed it does, but, in my case, there are no cheaper alternatives nearby, so I'd be using these garages anyway.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 4:53 PM, dendonc said:

Well I managed enough time for a few check ups and indications are there is an LPG usage/sales decline other than my local 2 BP's.

Amongst other variables I had time to check my installer, which was widely recommended on here a few years ago, many used & recommended them including including me, an excellent installer, well now they were dissolved (company house check) in 2013, I recommended them within this past 6 months, only just found out

Sadly I think LPG sales outlets are on the decline, manufacturers stopped the few models they made but worse than that there were quite a lot of sheer and utter crap installers jumped on the 'trend' bandwagon, made a bit of money, did a crap instillation and disappeared, London apparently high on the list of crap installers.

On top of all that LPG conversions have not been either very advertised or well advertised in this day age, it's still ok and available, but, often enough there might be a travell to nearest station, I think my nearest now is 10 'London' miles round trip.

Bluesman, I notice you used profess, heres the company house link to the 2013 'dissolved' status

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1499529369&#result

I have just got off the phone with Andrew who owns Profess and he said that Profess as a company are still alive and well operating from the place they have been in since they started Proffess. They are having a workshop refit at the moment but are able to sort small problems and of course they are open for the sale of LPG. I didnt ask him about the details at companies House as there documentation is often outdated and for all I know he may well have started a LTD company to house his various businesess but whatever it has nothing to do with me. They reopen fully 2nd week of August so as they say normal service resumed.

3 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have just got off the phone with Andrew who owns Profess and he said that Profess as a company are still alive

Oh good, are they still in that same place, Hengoed? thanks for that

42 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Oh good, are they still in that same place, Hengoed? thanks for that

They sure are. Same tele phone numbers same eamil.