Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, i am new to this but i have had a kexus is 200 for many years and i love them

i have a dilemma, my front light washers wernt working and they where the day before, 

so i took out all the fuses in the car 1 by 1 

now my can wont start, it wont turnover, everything else works as normal, i need to get this sorted as i have work tomorrow, 

i hope it's something simple, i would really appreciate, hopefully one of you guys have had this problem before, and kno how to fix it, 

i am now going to take the fuses out again and put them back in, i am desperate 

I'd suggest disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes and as you say, reseating all the fuses. Check none is blown. There are I think three fuse boxes in my IS300 (so probably the same in the IS200), one in each footwell and one under the bonnet. Sound pretty fundamental if it won't turn over.

• Like 1

A bit more info, 

the car is not clicking when i turn it over, it is not doing anything, has anyone had this problem before, i have tried pulling the fuses out again and putting them back in, still no luck. 

43 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

I'd suggest disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and as you say, reseating all the fuses. Check none is blown. There are I think three fuse boxes in my IS300 (so probably the same in the IS200), one in each footwell and one under the bonnet. Sound pretty fundamental if it won't turn over.

Thankyou, i am trying that now i have another 5 mins to wait and then i will check it. I reallt hope this works, otherwise i am screwed

How old is the Battery? Failing all else, you can join the AA/RAC/Greenflag etc, at the time of your breakdown; I know it's money but getting to work is important. 

Thankyou for the replys guys, i managed to get the aa out as my uncle is a member. Luckily it was just a fuse that had been put in the wrong hole, oopps, but i still havent managed to get my headlight washers fixed, all the fuses have been checked so it cant be that, 

thanks again guys, here is some pictures of the love of my life, haha

• Like 1

Thankyou for the replys guys, i managed to get the aa out as my uncle is a member. Luckily it was just a fuse that had been put in the wrong hole, oopps, but i still havent managed to get my headlight washers fixed, all the fuses have been checked so it cant be that, 

thanks again guys, here is some pictures of the love of my life, haha

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted, these things happen! At least you are mobile now; you can worry about the headlight washers later (but before the MoT). 

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you got your headlight washers sorted out Ray, but mine were problematic since the day I bought my IS. They generally didn't work in respond to the button or would start at random. I can't imagine it's correct but they actually remained live when the ignition was off, to the extent when parked I could here them trying to get going and one time overnight drained my washer bottle! In the end my garage admitted defeat (after a few hours of drenching them and the workshop!) and we agreed that with the wording of the MoT test, if we removed the dashboard switch, removed the relay and glued the jets in, a pass could be achieved. It's a case of if it's fitted, it must work; I suppose like taking an illegal spare out before the test. Have I missed them, not a jot. Worth bearing in mind if your fault proves illusive.

Good to hear the AA sorted the problem for you.

I did read in Classic Car magazine a while ago that the AA refused to look at a member's car because before they arrived the owner had attempted to repair the car themselves, not sure on the whole picture but perhaps worth bearing in mind.