Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dont understand what the deal is with the indicator stalk - the wife has it on her IS whereas mine is the mechanical version on the new RX. 

Anyway, it needs a light tap in the opposite direction to cancel and seems to work everytime

12 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Dont understand what the deal is with the indicator stalk - the wife has it on her IS whereas mine is the mechanical version on the new RX. 

Anyway, it needs a light tap in the opposite direction to cancel and seems to work everytime

I agree and I much prefer the electronic ones, you don't have the issue with canceling when indicating right and turning left onto a roundabout like you do with the mechanical ones.

I've been fortunate enough to drive these on extended 'tests' many times in the last 6 months, I think they are a fabulous car but the only thing that stops me trading my isF for one is the residuals they still have a fair way to fall in my opinion.

Now in the past I've not always been quite so sensible but hey ho on current trends when my isF warranty runs out in 18mts I shall be searching for one, preferably in White with a red interior which was the colour combo I last drove.

IMG_3041.thumb.JPG.07a968895d36c1f4e31623c159c40111.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

On 10/07/2017 at 1:10 PM, rayaans said:

The electronic indicator stalk does annoy me as like the GSF driver I am often doing the 'over correction' indicator trick, especially on the motorway. I also miss the digital speed readout of my is 300h f sport. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2017 at 11:31 PM, lockeyboy said:

£26k is the value being offered in three years on a lease deal so I'm told

The GFV is usually auction price - private would be about £28-30k at that point in time which would fit in with its value currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the indicator is annoying, but on a car like this, it's not bad that it's only that tiny fault that's annoying, but a light tap is all it needs. Bmw has a whole host of annoying things, biggest one is you won't be able to drive it much as it will be in the workshop being fixed or bits coming apart, heavy fuel consumption.

And ignore the journalists, there is more than enough power to have fun, for the next 200,000 miles no problem...

Residual values are high but the chances are your going to keep it a long time as what else you going to buy to replace it ? LFA, Veyron, McLaren ? Lol