Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 2008 ISF issue with Mark Levison sound system

Hi Guys

had a really strange one today regarding the sound system

the volume button will not work both on the system and the steering wheel.

the mode button is working but only strolling between the radio stations and frequencies ...does not show cd / Aux.

all was working fine yesterday but not now......

any ideas how to resolve?

bob

Hi Bob

You say the volume won't work - do you have sound and you can't alter the volume or is there no sound and no response from the volume control?

Bob

Other than trying disconnecting the Battery, there must be a wiring issue or issue with the mark levison unit. Having had the whole console off several times to install my double din unit, I'm pretty familiar with it. I still have the Mark levison unit, which might be useful to you if it's not a quick fix. 

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@robbyg Pleased for you on that matey, along with the many other positive attributes that an isF has, we are pleased to announce self healing to the list 😂

🐀

This was implemented in the mk3 ls400.

last year there was play in my front suspension arms, this year all is well.

next year I expect brake pipe corrosion to disappear 

its evolution...

• Like 5

@lockeyboy Matey I have a major problem I've had to barricade my home, nailed pieces of crooked wood over the windows......

The Audi - BMW - VW forum boys are outside they are baying for our blood it seems we've discovered the holy grail of reliability I'm shouting it from my roof top it's called...... BUY A BLOODY LEXUS 😂

🐀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@robbyg Pleased for you on that matey, along with the many other positive attributes that an isF has, we are pleased to announce self healing to the list 😂

🐀

Self healing paint was on the list first 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

Self healing or was it a miracle.... 

_20170713_191358.thumb.JPG.7fec542269ce18010c3321bcf5adae78.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Saw your input on the Pistonheads GSF thread informative and constructive just like your driving Matey 👍

🐀

I couldn't resist taking the bait of the trolls! Also posted on the isf thread in the jap car section.

Never had my driving described as constructive before 😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue a few years ago on a 2008 IS-F as well. Hot weather is a factor, but basically the volume would intermittently stop working and then fix itself. But if its the same issue it will eventually completely go, and the fix was to swap the ML unit, which is around £2K (luckily my warranty covered it). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links