Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Choose Caliper Colour

Going to get my wheels refurbed and having the calipers painted at same time, just not sure what colour, prop does not help that im colour blind.

My top 3 so far are:

Blue

Red

Yellow. 

Also think the burnt orange like the gsf would look ok too.

My car is grey.

Many thanks

@kieron1977 Kieron for me it's Yellow all the way on an anthracite wheel/Grey Car none better in my opinion.

My last car was a dark metallic blue had the wheels changed from silver to anthracite and the calipers in yellow like this 

IMG_0174.thumb.JPG.cdb330ca116c91f1db910b2e14eb6cb5.JPGIMG_0176.thumb.JPG.e34a1a475a856bd6d372dc09bc5b0908.JPGIMG_0178.thumb.JPG.1874f55d54ad3551d4955f9e189225f2.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pecker said:

Blue works well for me

IMG_20170505_124624.jpg

IMG_20170505_171826.jpg

@Pecker Mark as a quick aside I see you've got Nexen SU 1 tyres on the car, I've a spare set of wheels and am considering something like these, how have you found them I can get all four fitted down here for £398.88. About the same price as Toyo's and Falken in fact all 3 brands come under £400.00 for four.

Just curious not expecting 'Michelin' characteristics and handling/longevity and so on but your opinion?

Big Rat

13 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Pecker Mark as a quick aside I see you've got Nexen SU 1 tyres on the car, I've a spare set of wheels and am considering something like these, how have you found them I can get all four fitted down here for £398.88. About the same price as Toyo's and Falken in fact all 3 brands come under £400.00 for four.

Just curious not expecting 'Michelin' characteristics and handling/longevity and so on but your opinion?

Big Rat

Yes, they're very good value for money. As you say, not quite 'up there' in terms of grip albeit my ISF is not exactly standard, and they do have a tendency to break grip without any warning when driven hard in the wet. Can't fault them for longevity - I've had them on the car for 2 years now! I'd definitely have them again if it's on a spare set of rims.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

@Pecker Mark by the way that blue is great very 'F'

🐀

11 hours ago, Mark G said:

The first picture looks like a front wheel, is the wheel fitted the wrong side of the car??

Well spotted Mark G ! On that topic, if you want a laugh check this guys post on the subject...;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/686983-wheels-on-wrong-side-does-it-matter.html

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, Pecker said:

Well spotted Mark G ! On that topic, if you want a laugh check this guys post on the subject...;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/686983-wheels-on-wrong-side-does-it-matter.html

Great reply on there, "and then you get to meet bubba" hilarious.

I don't understand why they don't seem bothered about the wheels being on the wrong way round, it must be an OCD issue I have!!!

• Like 1

Have you tried getting  a picture of your car and then using photoshop type program and creating different colour masks for the calipers .

I did this when considering wheel colours

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mark G said:

Great reply on there, "and then you get to meet bubba" hilarious.

I don't understand why they don't seem bothered about the wheels being on the wrong way round, it must be an OCD issue I have!!!

Just checked all 4 and the tyre shop have got them mixed up when the wheels were refurbished. Gives me an excuse now to pop them on eBay and opt for some aftermarket rims :)

Would be intrigued to see what the actual difference it makes... wonder if anyone has noticed the difference?

• Like 1

So all booked in for monday decided on Rivieria blue calipers and black chrome wheels although can decide on wheel colour when i get there but calipers had to let them know yesterday so they can get the paint in time.

IMG-20170717-WA0000.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3