Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update is that it's not being done today because the part is not yet available. The lady I spoke with said it's on order from Lexus and should arrive tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if it's marked as Lexus or Pilkington. All being well it'll be fitted Friday morning at home with me present! The lady at Auto Windscreens has been really helpful and has kept me up to date with progress. Let's hope the fitter is as efficient as her!

Here's a picture of the current screen!IMG_20170707_131458.thumb.jpg.5bddde21f8460abfa0a08c818f536e2e.jpg

Hi Alan,

Like you I was gutted last month when my front screen was hit be a stone one day and then the same place on the same road the next day another stone cracked my windscreen.

Insurance put me onto Autoglass for the repair . Because of the front view camera calibration, they required my to take the car to there workshop to check the calibration.

Unable to be done at my house and had to wait 10 days for an appointment at there centre.

When I arrived at there centre the guy doing the job had worked for Autoglass for 22 years so that put my mind at rest.!! Checked the windscreen and it had Lexus RC-F stickers on it, the glass is also etched Lexus, passengers side bottom corner. Guy was very professional and took great care and time with everything. First class job and no issued.

Fitter said this was the 1st Lexus RC he had ever seen and worked on.

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Thanks Andrew :thumbs_up:

I am not quite what the mounting looks like, but I will get out there later to have a look.

The metal bit stuck on the screen is like a dovetail and the plastic bit on the end of the mirror arm kind of wraps round it and has a quite stiff metal spring in it, from memory the mirror mount slides up off the fixed part, if yours isn't clipped in properly it should pop off easily. I'd go and have a look at mine but it's 8000 miles away at the moment.

Andrew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Update is that it's not being done today because the part is not yet available. The lady I spoke with said it's on order from Lexus and should arrive tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if it's marked as Lexus or Pilkington. All being well it'll be fitted Friday morning at home with me present! The lady at Auto Windscreens has been really helpful and has kept me up to date with progress. Let's hope the fitter is as efficient as her!

Here's a picture of the current screen!IMG_20170707_131458.thumb.jpg.5bddde21f8460abfa0a08c818f536e2e.jpg

Yeah. Made quite a noise when it happened!

3 hours ago, Lexie04 said:

Hi Alan,

Like you I was gutted last month when my front screen was hit be a stone one day and then the same place on the same road the next day another stone cracked my windscreen.

Insurance put me onto Autoglass for the repair . Because of the front view camera calibration, they required my to take the car to there workshop to check the calibration.

Unable to be done at my house and had to wait 10 days for an appointment at there centre.

When I arrived at there centre the guy doing the job had worked for Autoglass for 22 years so that put my mind at rest.!! Checked the windscreen and it had Lexus RC-F stickers on it, the glass is also etched Lexus, passengers side bottom corner. Guy was very professional and took great care and time with everything. First class job and no issued.

Fitter said this was the 1st Lexus RC he had ever seen and worked on.

Thanks, that's reassuring.

Well, I don't know what I was worried about. All went well, the fitter was a really nice competent guy who explained all the process and didn't seem irritated when answering my stupid questions! Would definitely recommend auto windscreens.

• Like 2