Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Demonstrator/Customer Deliveries

Jules640

Does anyone know when dealers will start to get their LC500/LC500h demonstrators? I have been told the end of this month but not a specific date and has anyone who has actually placed an order been given a delivery date?

27 minutes ago, Jules640 said:

Does anyone know when dealers will start to get their LC500/LC500h demonstrators? I have been told the end of this month but not a specific date and has anyone who has actually placed an order been given a delivery date?

I had an invitation from Lexus Reading to have a demo on the LC500 22/25 June so I presume they had one then. No I didnt go.

• Like 1

I thought they say (in one of early videos) there will be no demonstrators at all, but more like few show cars which will tour around the country. Obviously, that could have changed considering they only planned 500 worldwide sales and now probably already sold all the stock for 2017.

• Like 1

Chester will be getting an LC500h in as a demonstrator, but not the proper one.

I had a go in the 500 recently and was very impressed with the noise. The extra weight is noticeable and blunts the acceleration, but it handles well. I love the interior, especially in the red LC500h one that is doing the rounds.

The driving environment is excellent, but back seat and boot space is down on the RC. The LC500h has a comedy boot 

On 12/07/2017 at 10:29 PM, Linas.P said:

I thought they say (in one of early videos) there will be no demonstrators at all, but more like few show cars which will tour around the country. Obviously, that could have changed considering they only planned 500 worldwide sales and now probably already sold all the stock for 2017.

I know at least two dealers who have ordered demonstrators (in yellow!) and are expecting delivery soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wendle said:

The demos should be arriving on the 27th July,

My LC has a delivery date to the dealership of the 9th September

That's quick for the delivery of yours!! I placed my order in early June but I haven't heard any more from the dealer on a delivery date. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jules640 said:

That's quick for the delivery of yours!! I placed my order in early June but I haven't heard any more from the dealer on a delivery date. 

well that's what apparently it says on there delivery screen, but as we all no things can change, iam not holding my breath,  i also think it depends on the dealership group and how many cars they are allocated,forunatly my dealership group is part of edgware road who probably sell the most Lexus cars in the country so they had probably the largest allocation, i think there was someone on hear, it may have been you,? who wanted a red one but opted  for a white one because they were told they would have to wait until next year until the red one would be available.  

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Still the 9th of September as far as i no, I am expecting  another update tomorrow, i have been told that the yellow ones have not got a delivery date yet, maybe having problems with the colour like the blue ones.

I hope you get good news tomorrow.That's interesting about the yellow, although I know that Guildford have now got a yellow LC500h demonstrator and so theirs obviously wasn't delayed!

I was told that they were having problems with the red but hopefully that's not the case and yours will be on time...

13 hours ago, Jules640 said:

I don't like the yellow either and I am not a fan of grey cars in general, as you said they are just boring.

I think it looks best in either red or white.

I've seen loads of sonic T lexus around. They just seem to blend in with the road and surroundings. Certainly not a colour I'd choose 

If I was getting an LC, it'd be the base LC in either white, red or black, all with red interior.

I like the look and style of the smaller wheels tbh.

I found it slightly sad that Lexus continues to have these "rigid" options with LC. I would go for base model above, mainly because of glass roof which is kind of key feature for me, Sport and Sport+ seems to add no value for me, actually quite opposite - the remove glass roof and only have plastic bag seats standard (alcantara). Like carbon roof maybe makes sense for RC (which certainly needs to loose some weight).. not so much for GT car like LC, equally I understand benefits of alcantara maybe in track car, not in luxury GT.

However, I would like carbon fiber scuff plates and other purely cosmetic accents. All wheel steering as well seems to be nice option, but for some weird reason you cannot choose it with standard car, what is more only Sport+ has LSD and even then no option of TVD?! Why not just allow this as optional equipment on all tiers?

On 17/08/2017 at 2:42 PM, Jules640 said:

I hope you get good news tomorrow.That'seresting about the yellow, although I know that Guildford have now got a yellow LC500h demonstrator and so theirs obviously wasn't delayed!

I was told that they were having problems with the red but hopefully that's not the case and yours will be on time...

My car is now showing as " Shipped" so as long as there are no US navel ships in its way it should arrive on time

34 minutes ago, wendle said:

My car is now showing as " Shipped" so as long as there are no US navel ships in its way it should arrive on time

It would be a huge disaster to have a collision with a US belly button.  Hope it has plenty of fluff inside to cushion the impact :wink3:

15 hours ago, wendle said:

That's great news! It is only just over two weeks away. I think it might grab a lot of attention as there can't be hardly any on the road yet.

• Like 1