Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Demonstrator/Customer Deliveries

Jules640

Only in Japan...  Its a a vibrant subculture there, mods in all sorts of bizarre ( in european eyes) modifications. Lots of clubs, shows and meetings. Japan is a Car Country.

Strange is that i like it when its done overthere, its about looks only nothing else matters so why not?

When it would be done here i would only think why totally destroy the roadholding and looks of a beauty..    

I was at the dealers the other day and looked at the LC500. It looks fabulous in red but IMO not so good in white (these were the two on show - no yellow!).

Looking at the configurator, I am very disappointed that you cannot have a cream/vanilla leather interior in this car to complement the red exterior. The tan leather just does not look right to me and the black looks a bit drab. Lexus should allow a few more customised options on a vehicle at this price point like their major competitors do.

In any event the rather strange "Japanese taste" interior colours has put me off changing my Aston for an LC although I will probably get a test drive just to see...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, malcolmw said:

I was at the dealers the other day and looked at the LC500. It looks fabulous in red but IMO not so good in white (these were the two on show - no yellow!).

Looking at the configurator, I am very disappointed that you cannot have a cream/vanilla leather interior in this car to complement the red exterior. The tan leather just does not look right to me and the black looks a bit drab. Lexus should allow a few more customised options on a vehicle at this price point like their major competitors do.

In any event the rather strange "Japanese taste" interior colours has put me off changing my Aston for an LC although I will probably get a test drive just to see...

I agree, perhaps in the future they may add more interior options, i have seen the Black and tan in person but not the red interior. i thought Red with red interior would not have gone together very well, the tan was just too much tan for my liking so the only option left was the Black, which is a little drab although with all the different materials the black is broken up into slightly different shades, and from what i can remember some of the areas are a very bark blue, like a black blue if that makes any sense.

what i can't understand is that the black is ALL black ( with the odd section in dark blue ), the tan is ALL tan ( with the odd section in a darker tan ), but the red is completely different, its not ALLl red, its just the seats , door inserts, and the odd panel. if they had done the Tan in the same way i may have been tempted with that.

On 20/08/2017 at 7:06 PM, Fatts said:

I test drove the V8, it was awesome.

IMG_3348.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

The Dark Rose looks good, how deep a colour is it in real life? Would it go with Infrared (sonic red)? Looks great with white!

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/07/2017 at 10:24 AM, wendle said:

The demos should be arriving on the 27th July,

My LC has a delivery date to the dealership of the 9th September

Chris - Have you picked up your LC yet ? 

Not sure if maybe there was another thread or something but was hoping to see some pictures and feedback in comparison to your RC-F.

8 hours ago, Martin F said:

Chris - Have you picked up your LC yet ? 

Not sure if maybe there was another thread or something but was hoping to see some pictures and feedback in comparison to your RC-F.

Hi Martin, the car arrived at the dealership on Monday 25th September, the day I went on holiday for 2 weeks,   the car is at the detailing shop now and should be ready for pick up on Tuesday

IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5962.JPG

• Like 3

It is about 30 mpg at the moment, no where near where the 44 mpg that Lexus claim but it should get better as it gets more run in. The V8 will only do about half of that, about 15 mpg!

The hybrid also has more torque at low revs and so is quicker from a stationary start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules640 said:

It is about 30 mpg at the moment, no where near where the 44 mpg that Lexus claim but it should get better as it gets more run in. The V8 will only do about half of that, about 15 mpg!

The hybrid also has more torque at low revs and so is quicker from a stationary start.

That is very good really. I would be more than happy with that. Yes the straight V8 will be a bit thirsty, but still worth driving - just not too far!

I  had the V8 demonstrator for a few days I averaged 19mpg around the same as my RC-F, but i only do short trips, I did manage to get 31mpg out of the RC-F on a 120mile round trip to Cambridge driving at a steady 70ish using cruse control.

IMG_0876.JPG

• Like 1