Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The roof strips on my LS430 (I guess they cover the grooves for a roof mounted rack of some kind) are beginning to corrode and look tatty.  The yseem to be chrome strips painted over.  I'd like to take them off for cleaning and respray or replace them.  Lexus Bristol quoted me a horrendous price for new ones (unsurprisingly).  How easy are they to remove and refurbish?

AFB

There's a bloke on the Lexus owners club facebook page, who buys, sells and breaks LS430s, in particular.

Look for Paul Frost, he seems very knowledgeable and helpful.

3 hours ago, Anthony B said:

Thanks, Mikeyv - can you give me more contact details for him, as I'm not on Facebook.

AFB

Brendan has posted the correct link to him, Anthony.

• 1 year later...

Phil,

Yes; have a word with Paul at

paulnfrost@hotmail.co.uk

It is easy to fit them.  You'll find they clip into place, provided you've cleaned out the gully they sit in.

I sent a photo to enable the supplier to get the colour right - although I guess you could paint them easily enough.  He charged me £70 for two, including postage.  

Anthony

• Like 1

Hi Anthony

thanks for the info, - very handy to know it's an easy job.  So you got some second hand ones in the colour you required in decent condition?

I also need some bumper strips actually...

cheers

Phil