Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, wonder if anyone has tested the new version ( available via ebay) of TechStream 64bit?  I am about to buy the same and just wanted to know it runs satisfactorily and what your thoughts are ?  I have a 220D with the usual EML lights on , even post EGR cleans so want to try to diagnose the issues without giving a king's ransom to a dealer !  Thanks

Ian

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/07/2017 at 10:19 PM, 999101999 said:

Hi, wonder if anyone has tested the new version ( available via ebay) of TechStream 64bit?  I am about to buy the same and just wanted to know it runs satisfactorily and what your thoughts are ?  I have a 220D with the usual EML lights on , even post EGR cleans so want to try to diagnose the issues without giving a king's ransom to a dealer !  Thanks

Ian

I notice that your model year is 2012 so I wouldn't think you'd really need the most up-to-date version of Techstream. Even if it does a lot more things than older versions, the car software would still be the 2012 version and wouldn't handle it would it? I don't know for sure, just thinking aloud :whistling1:

Hello , We spent hours trying to get the software to connect with the 220D, even the very helpful T.S  supplier tried, in the end we gave up.  We are now in the process of selling the 220D as a local garage has done the forced regen.  Hopefully all is well now and MIL lights are out.   I am aware that lots of owners have been successful with T.S , perhaps our tablets and laptops were not up to it , either 32 or 64 bit versions ?  Keen to see how members get on though.

I've had no problems with running Techstream 9.xx on an old XP laptop and also a Windows 7 laptop, both were just old 32-bit machines. In fact, the only 'problem' with Techstream is keeping my fingers out of menu's where I may do some damage because I press the wrong thing! :w00t:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links