Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Purchased a second hand RX 450h last year which came with RAC Breakdown cover. Now nearly a year on it is up for renewal at first contact £123, after chatting to an advisor on the phone it was reduced to £94. Cover is unlimited rescue, Roadside recovery & at home rescue. No onward travel, courtesy car as these are extras to the policy.

In previous posts someone mentioned Car Breakdown Cover from AutoAid, A full year’s wide-ranging cover for just £43.31. 

Also if you click the link above you will see that it comes with the package below 

Thanks

2ddesign

suggest you look at having a Nationwide Flex Plus account  .............  covers much of what you might need, including European cover AND much other stuff too...... e.g worldwide travel insurance for all account holders ( joint account say )  ............ i get lots of benefit from it, .........hope I never need the car breakdown stuff :wink3:

Keeping £2500 ? surplus credit on your account also reduces the monthly £10 cost down to about £3/4 with the offset tax free interest, BUT do check it out, it's not for everyone :whistling1:

Malc 

Just now, lockeyboy said:

Is it not free with a lexus extended warranty?

It is... if you have one.

I usually just pay £125 or so for the Lexus roadside assistance provided by AA

It has absolutely everything included in it that you want/need. Also good because its personal cover for you and your partner so works in any car that you are a passenger in. Had to call them out for other people's cars and they were very efficient.

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Green Flag was £62.72

Lexus roadside assistance with European travel was £135 paying by bankcard, £125 with standing order.

Nationwide was £10 a month, but as Malc says lots of other benefits

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2ddesign said:

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Green Flag was £62.72

Lexus roadside assistance with European travel was £135 paying by bankcard, £125 with standing order.

Nationwide was £10 a month, but as Malc says lots of other benefits

Nationwide due to increase it's charge in September, to £13 a month.

Also some changes to other perks.

Farqui

Adrian Flux was £56 with European cover 60 days,includes Home Call Service, UK & European Roadside Assistance and Recovery.

• Like 1

I have the Lexus warranty cover.  For a little over £480 per annum, as well as a full labour and parts warranty (which includes the hybrid system), you get full European breakdown assist (including at home) and recovery cover plus free MOTs.  I priced the equivalent cover plus MOT costs up and it was close on £150 bought separately, so it seemed a no-brainer for me.

1 hour ago, Jaystar77 said:

Breakdown cover for a Lexus?

Nonsense!

It's what I term 'The Lexus Paradox'. People are attracted to the brand in no small part by the legendary reliability and then spend hundreds of pounds per year on Lexus extended warranties because they're worried about the reliability  :wacko:

I know this thread is about breakdown cover rather than warranty but personally, it's a must for me. My LPG tank lives where the spare wheel should go so for small punctures I carry a can of goo and a small compressor but if anything were to wreck the tyre such as a puncture in the side wall or a blowout, then it would be a call to the breakdown people.

• Like 3

Don't worry, I'm only jesting - there are so many good reasons to have cover in place no matter the brand, you can never predict what's round the next corner.

On a lighter note I am now the odds on favourite to breakdown tomorrow :laugh:

• Like 2