Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hawkes brake pads IS200T

I need to get some more front brake pads because mine generate such a ridiculous amount of dust within the same day of getting the car cleaned. Also mine are on 50% after 11500 miles! I want to buy Hawkes Ceramic and the American supplier says the rotors for the UK and US models may differ. Does anyone know if this is likely to be the case? Apparenty the 200T has the same brakes as the IS350.

Yep same brakes as IS350 and I highly doubt the rotors for UK and US models differ

The pads are good TBF, the dust is just the trade off for good performance.

I would apply a good wheel sealant so you don't have to worry about the dust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yep same brakes as IS350 and I highly doubt the rotors for UK and US models differ

The pads are good TBF, the dust is just the trade off for good performance.

I would apply a good wheel sealant so you don't have to worry about the dust.

Thanks Rayanns, do you think Hawkes will be as powerful as the OEM? Don't want to lose the power even though the original brakes I would say are very good rather than being outstanding. I want to maintain good brakes but have less dust. The Hawkes ceramic brakes seem really cheap for a ceramic pad! I know one member with an ISF on here reports good things about them.

2 hours ago, BaransuIS250 said:

Thanks Rayanns, do you think Hawkes will be as powerful as the OEM? Don't want to lose the power even though the original brakes I would say are very good rather than being outstanding. I want to maintain good brakes but have less dust. The Hawkes ceramic brakes seem really cheap for a ceramic pad! I know one member with an ISF on here reports good things about them.

Yes they have good owner reviews so I wouldn't be concerned about their performance. 

However, I would personally change them when you're closer to the limit on the current oem pads. Might as well use them until they really need replacing