Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick drive to Lexus Birmingham this morning in my is300H Premier (got 50mpg at a 50 to 70mph) to check out an RX450H F Sport white with rose interior. Initial thoughts on the test drive were mixed due to fuel consumption looking too low to consider the change but it had settled at 36mg by the time we got back to the dealership. Anyway the deal was pretty decent so I bit the bullet and drove it away. Got 45mpg on the drive back to Yorkshire, traffic on the M42 and M1 50/60mph restrictions as far as Barnsley helped but I am sure I would have achieved around 40mpg at a constant 70mph.

Love the car, the adaptive cruise control works brilliantly and it is so quiet. Its bloody huge though LOL

I thought that I was going to miss the ML sound system but Rayaans was right the 12 speaker Pioneer is pretty good and I think is not far off the ML so very happy with that.

I am sure all the motoring journalists who review Lexus hybrids have no clue how to drive them and constantly whine about 0-60 performance and laggy gear change. Blithering idiots IMHO. I want a quiet comfortable car that is reliable and makes you feel good and dont care if it doesnt handle or accelerate like a sports car. This is my 6th Lexus in a row and second RX and I have to say this one is miles ahead of the others

Anyyway over to eBay now to list some accessories from the is

• Like 3

Congrats on the new car Chris, sounds like you're happy so you got a great deal.

I'll head over to eBay and see what lexus related bargains I can spot ;)