Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC-F

rayaans

2 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Not to me it isn't, but it makes you wonder how much Lexus will try to sell it for. A Nismo GT-R costs 150K...

Been told roughly £160k or so.

The GTR may not be a direct competitor but they want te LC-F to be one of the fastest car to come out of Japan. 

I'm sure it'll retain its Lexus values like comfort though. The real question is what powertrain will they use?

Appears its actually going to be a 4.0l V8 now with 600hp and 590 pound feet of torque so has the edge on the Nissan GTR Nismo. All depends on the weight now as the GTR only weighs about 1.8 tonnes so the LC may need to go on a heavy diet.

25 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Appears its actually going to be a 4.0l V8 now with 600hp and 590 pound feet of torque so has the edge on the Nissan GTR Nismo. All depends on the weight now as the GTR only weighs about 1.8 tonnes so the LC may need to go on a heavy diet.

LC500 weighs 1970kg, if they put their mind to it I am sure Lexus can lose 170kg if the Nismo GTR really is their target.

And that engine will probably be this one then, rumoured for the next GSF with twin turbos to achieve the figures, don't suppose if there was to be another ISF it would get it as well, more like a twin turbo V6 I'm thinking.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/07/17/rumor-next-generation-lexus-gs-f-powered-by-4-0l-twin-turbo-v8/

Big Rat

44 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

And that engine will probably be this one then, rumoured for the next GSF with twin turbos to achieve the figures, don't suppose if there was to be another ISF it would get it as well, more like a twin turbo V6 I'm thinking.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/07/17/rumor-next-generation-lexus-gs-f-powered-by-4-0l-twin-turbo-v8/

Big Rat

Yes but I think there may be a typo - 590hp and only 500 pound foot of torque? torque seems too low for a twin turbo V8

The RC-F almost gets 400 pound feet from an NA engine. 

And the twin turbo 3.5l V6 in the LS500 gets 450 pound feet of torque too.

Some comparison figures

.  Nissan GT-R  637 lb/ft

. Mercedes C63S 516 lb/ft

. BMW M5  620 lb/ft

The latter 2 are 4.0V8 twin turbo, the Nissan V6 Twin Turbo.

Oh and they all way as much as a fully loaded 747 😊

Big Rat

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2017 at 6:12 PM, Big Rat said:

Some comparison figures

.  Nissan GT-R  637 lb/ft

. Mercedes C63S 516 lb/ft

. BMW M5  620 lb/ft

The latter 2 are 4.0V8 twin turbo, the Nissan V6 Twin Turbo.

Oh and they all way as much as a fully loaded 747 😊

Big Rat

I would imagine it'll have a figure between the C63s and GTR so 590 lb feet of torque would fit right in

• 1 month later...

i don't think the UK or even Europe  will get the LC-F, if you want one it will probably be a special order, which is why the £160k,

My LC is in Wales at the moment, just come of the road and probably annoying all the sheep

49 minutes ago, wendle said:

i don't think the UK or even Europe  will get the LC-F, if you want one it will probably be a special order, which is why the £160k,

My LC is in Wales at the moment, just come of the road and probably annoying all the sheep

They'd be mad not to offer it in the UK or Europe but indeed it might be a special order.

Still £160k is steep  - circa £100-110k would be ideal. 

The LC is an odd one, Lexus themselves have stated it even competes with an Aston Martin DB11 and a Porsche 911. Both very very different vehicles IMO

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

They'd be mad not to offer it in the UK or Europe but indeed it might be a special order.

Still £160k is steep  - circa £100-110k would be ideal. 

The LC is an odd one, Lexus themselves have stated it even competes with an Aston Martin DB11 and a Porsche 911. Both very very different vehicles IMO

the cars may be different but the clientele could be thesame.  The majority of 911 buyers want a daily driver that is powerful does never break down looks the part and radiates success. They will never take it to the track or drive topspeed. The LC500 can play that role and salesfigures prove that point as initial reports from dealers are that 911 customers trade in to an LC500.

regarding a DB11 the set up of both can be compared as can the looks.  I personally would prefer to own an LC but fair to say that the brandimage of Aston Martin in the UK is different than on mainland Europe.  By the way, sales in Japan are through the roof with a waitinglist of three (3) years now if production does not increase.

Seems Lexus have a success on their hands..  

On 9/16/2017 at 0:54 PM, wendle said:

Have you taken delivery yet? I wasn't sure sure if your car is in Wales en route or whether you are there with it!

• 5 months later...