Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haywood and scott

15 hours ago, Mattmech said:

All good David thanks, hope you are too, only gently nudging you in the exhaust direction! I'm confident you'll get it done. :whip:

Not really sure how my mark Levinson system sounds as it's always off whilst I listen to the car.

still enjoying every drive, 

all the best, matt

Glad to hear it Matt & we are fine thanks.

No harm in a good ribbing.👍🏻😆

If I was sure the H&S (with or without the x pipe) sounds as good as yours in the flesh I would have done it by now.😉

All the best

David

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark G Yeah it won't play and I was hoping for an aural rumble before my cooked brekkie.....

🐀

I think he uploaded his karaoke performance of 'sweet caroline' by mistake which has been banned from YouTube. 😂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I think he uploaded his karaoke performance of 'sweet caroline' by mistake which has been banned from YouTube. 😂 

@emjay82 I can't say too much as he doesn't love me anymore, he's simply not forgiven me for eating his cake that day 🙁

🐀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2017 at 8:42 AM, Grey One said:

I have to say I have mixed feelings about H&S:

- My first ISF had a H&S fitted and it was an 'old thumper' noisy thing, the tone of the H&S (pre-fitted by a previous owner) to my current ISF is much better in noise and tone

- I get the feeling that Stuno01 and especially Peter did H&S a lot of favours with getting a wide ISF owners market opened up for them, but sounds like Peter had to foot the cost of a lot of the R&D which doesn't feel like fair play to me

- The H&S on my current car doesn't fit properly and every service seems to be blowing where it joins the main exhaust, not sure if that is the design or fit, but annoying

- On the upside they do unleash the potential enjoyment of V8 ownership, but if I was looking at this option now I'd certainly consider other options not just H&S

My isf was the first to have their straight pipe system fitted. Should have asked for it free now seeing how many people have gone with them! I posted on the USA forum and uploaded to YouTube and I still get questions about it. Mine was 850 I believe. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2017 at 7:30 PM, Rusty Crobar said:

Here's a bad picture of my mystery exhaust. It appears to have an X pipe and a H pipe! Someone spent some money on it!

2017-07-16 19.27.08.jpg

I could be wrong but this may have been fitted by EMP in St Albans. They have an ISF custom exhaust on their website and YouTube and they did a similar job to this on my dearly departed BMW335i.

Can't say for sure but the handywork and in particular the cross pipes look very similar.

• Thanks 1

Just had a H&S cat back with x pipe fitted on Thursday.

Lots more rasp on throttle blips, about 50% more 'presence' on startup.

I get a little more drone than stock up to 70 but it's silent 75 to 100 unless I start stamping on the loud pedal.

Very happy so far. It transforms the car but as others have said it's all induction noise after 3600rpm. The exhaust just gives more shout up to then.

Get one! You'll be happy!

• Like 2

On 03/08/2017 at 6:35 PM, DAW said:

Thanks Kieron thats really helpful.

Was only interested in the x pipe as I thought it helped prevent any droning.  My interest in changing the exhaust is purely for the sound.

I'm also hoping I will be able to get it done sooner rather than later :biggrin:

Just uploaded two videos of my H&S cat back with x pipe as a new thread. Forgot about this one!

• Thanks 1

On 16/09/2017 at 9:39 AM, NothernDan said:

I could be wrong but this may have been fitted by EMP in St Albans. They have an ISF custom exhaust on their website and YouTube and they did a similar job to this on my dearly departed BMW335i.

Can't say for sure but the handywork and in particular the cross pipes look very similar.

Thanks, could be them. It's a good system.

On 19/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, Mark G said:

Oh, well that didn't work, well you will have to come to Kemble and listen to it then!!!

Have to say that having 7 F’s all lined up together and several different exhaust systems, IMHO, Mark’s sounded the best.