Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haywood and scott

That way the punters can hear you coming as well as see the orange light on top of the car 🤔

On a serious note, it was interesting to hear so many different exhaust notes on the Welsh blat. I was surprised how little difference there was between stock and all the others  whilst out on the open road. Predominant sound was induction and not exhaust.

@Mark G's exhaust gave the best sound and certainly best value for money (IMHO)

• Like 4

@Rusty Crobar They clearly have given it some thought, after all matey your cannons need all the support they can get 😂

As an aside we have all probably asked you who supplied/fitted it any idea any markings stampings ?

Big Rat

Just now, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar They clearly have given it some thought, after all matey your cannons need all the support they can get 😂

As an aside we have all probably asked you who supplied/fitted it any idea any markings stampings ?

Big Rat

Nothing sorry 🙁. 

The car spent a lot of time in the reading area so maybe it's from someone round there?

• Like 1

I see the X pipe, where is the H? I know it isn't all visible in the picture but doesn't it go from the cats to straight pipes, x pipe and then separate pipes to a 'silencer' with cannons on each side? 

£1140 seems pretty steep for the cat back H and S exhaust, they sound lovely but it can't take that long to build one. With all of the interest, I'm surprised they don't build their own set of long tube headers for the ISF. 

The H&S seems to be getting good reviews and growing popularity in the US, good for them, but that's why the prices have gone up. Others on this forum have achieved great sounding exhausts for less money from bespoke fabricators, but without the car specific testing by H&S.

I must admit £1100 is a little more than i thought it was going to be, think i remember people on here got it for around £800. But i guess as its a tried And tested system on the isf and the sound does seem very good prop still worth it

In fairness Kieron, I have spent way closer to £1500 if not £2000 with H&S since getting mine fitted. Then again, as Mark points out I sucked up the testing and guinea pig costs to help other owners buy a system that works for most needs.

The additional 'X' pipe change cost me some money, as did the extra silencers I added when the drone was really bad.

Add in the PPE headers I bought, PPE mid-pipes, labour from SRD to install it all, replacement O2 sensor (one broke), and I'm closer to the £5K mark just for exhaust work! :whistling::lol:

You also get a lifetime warranty from H&S provided you keep the car of course. That proved useful when the ceramic tips on my setup started to discolour (looked like rust, but couldn't have been as they were stainless steel tips coated in black ceramic). Ian sent them off to the coaters, and hey presto, returned re-finished and fitted at no cost.

I'm very pleased with H&S. Nice small firm that go that extra mile to help their customers. I can see why people keep going back to them. :cool:

• Like 4

I have to say I have mixed feelings about H&S:

- My first ISF had a H&S fitted and it was an 'old thumper' noisy thing, the tone of the H&S (pre-fitted by a previous owner) to my current ISF is much better in noise and tone

- I get the feeling that Stuno01 and especially Peter did H&S a lot of favours with getting a wide ISF owners market opened up for them, but sounds like Peter had to foot the cost of a lot of the R&D which doesn't feel like fair play to me

- The H&S on my current car doesn't fit properly and every service seems to be blowing where it joins the main exhaust, not sure if that is the design or fit, but annoying

- On the upside they do unleash the potential enjoyment of V8 ownership, but if I was looking at this option now I'd certainly consider other options not just H&S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey One said:

- The H&S on my current car doesn't fit properly and every service seems to be blowing where it joins the main exhaust, not sure if that is the design or fit, but annoying

Mine has this. It blows a tiny bit from the join when cold, then seals properly when warm; presumably once everything has heated up and expanded.

I've had an exhaust place and my main dealer take a look at it. Both were a little stumped. I think it would require quite a lot of fettling to get the current system off to refit it. Also, I think the paste they used to seal the gap between the stock section and the H&S isn't the usual stuff. You can't mix them, so even more difficult. I live ages away from H&S, so not worth the trip to get them to sort it.

Next time I've got the car jacked up, I'll have a go at tightening what I think are jubilee-style clips (not actually looked closely yet), joining the two. This might help a bit. 

It doesn't really bother me, but makes a 10/10 product into a 9.5/10. Oh, that and the exhaust tips need small holes drilling to let the rainwater out. A small lake forms in each one, that's blasted up the side of the house when I start the engine! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well just got home from haywood and scott, sound is perfect! Totally transforms the driving experience of the car. For last 3 years never really bothered with manual mode, within 5 minutes switched to manual mode and never had so much fun. Just has this deep aggressive growl to it..

Just wish i had done it sooner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kieron1977 said:

Well just got home from haywood and scott, sound is perfect! Totally transforms the driving experience of the car. For last 3 years never really bothered with manual mode, within 5 minutes switched to manual mode and never had so much fun. Just has this deep aggressive growl to it..

Great stuff Kieron. :thumbsup:

So pleased you like the new exhaust. As I said, H&S do a good job with our cars in my opinion. When you consider there are hardly any off the shelf options available to us, and they come with a lifetime guarantee (provided you keep the car obviously), I don't think you can go wrong really!

Now get out there and find some tunnels! Lol. :yes:

Dartford tunnel is a favourite, but rare to get a chance to open it up through there these days! :wallbash:

Seems to be traffic jams all the time!

Can't beat manual mode and a nice stretch of tunnel though.... :cool:

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 1

On 31/07/2017 at 1:42 PM, kieron1977 said:

Hi Kieron,

Out of interest did you go for the exhaust system with or without the X pipe?

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 10:12 AM, mrfunex said:

Mine has this. It blows a tiny bit from the join when cold, then seals properly when warm; presumably once everything has heated up and expanded.

I've had an exhaust place and my main dealer take a look at it. Both were a little stumped. I think it would require quite a lot of fettling to get the current system off to refit it. Also, I think the paste they used to seal the gap between the stock section and the H&S isn't the usual stuff. You can't mix them, so even more difficult. I live ages away from H&S, so not worth the trip to get them to sort it.

Next time I've got the car jacked up, I'll have a go at tightening what I think are jubilee-style clips (not actually looked closely yet), joining the two. This might help a bit. 

It doesn't really bother me, but makes a 10/10 product into a 9.5/10. Oh, that and the exhaust tips need small holes drilling to let the rainwater out. A small lake forms in each one, that's blasted up the side of the house when I start the engine! 

Which join does it blow from ? have you got just the back boxes or the mid section as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray-ISF said:

Which join does it blow from ? have you got just the back boxes or the mid section as well?

The join is roughly between the axles, underneath the front seats, that sort of location. 

On 01/08/2017 at 6:09 PM, DAW said:

Hi Kieron,

Out of interest did you go for the exhaust system with or without the X pipe?

Went without the x pipe 

The sound is still blowing me away, woke up at 5am on monday to get there nice And early and was out until 1am driving around windows down and finding as many tunnels as i could. 

Not even turned the radio in since its been fitted. 

Just off out for another drive now

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kieron1977 said:

Went without the x pipe 

The sound is still blowing me away, woke up at 5am on monday to get there nice And early and was out until 1am driving around windows down and finding as many tunnels as i could. 

That's great news that you are pleased with it 👍

On 01/08/2017 at 7:49 PM, Ray-ISF said:

Blinking heck water cannons 😂

🐀

17 hours ago, kieron1977 said:

Went without the x pipe 

Thanks for the info & glad you are enjoying it so much. Will likely be doing the same in the near future as have H&S on my door step!!

As you said I'm sure when I do it I will wish I had done it sooner, especially having heard @Peter P18 & @Mattmech exhausts.

Be interested to know your impressions once you have lived with it for a while, especially on long journeys, as trying to decide on with/without X pipe re any droning issues. I haven't to date actually heard a H&S CAT back exhaust, so always helpful to hear an owners views.  I appreciate its completely down to personal preference.

• Like 2

Was on the m3 yesterday for over an hour at 70mph and no drone at all. 

When you're just keeping a certain pressure on the gas its Very quiet, id say almost quieter than stock. 

If you want a x pipe for bhp gains then try it but you don't need it to stop any drone. 

Get it done the sooner the better, by far the best mod i have done. 

• Like 2

Thanks Kieron thats really helpful.

Was only interested in the x pipe as I thought it helped prevent any droning.  My interest in changing the exhaust is purely for the sound.

I'm also hoping I will be able to get it done sooner rather than later :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links