Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F Software Update

Has anyone updated their software themselves? (Not maps, which I can't even find, just the software) I've seen the page to download it from but is it the same for all countries etc?

Thinking about doing it as occasionally voice recognition sticks in 'initialising' and you have to turn the car off/on to get it to work again.

I just find voice easier to change music with than the pad.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip. I did that and voice started working normally again.

Only now the music commands are greyed out as it says no music exists on the device - while playing music and displaying titles :wallbash:

Any ideas? 

BTW - your sig quote is one of my favourites. 

On a related note - how does one update the gracenote database? I see instructions for other manufacturers, and their download pages, but all the Lexus pages go to dead ends of pointless info about how good gracenote is. 

Dear Mr Very Annoyed,

Thank you for your email regarding your multimedia system for your Lexus vehicle.

In order to update your multimedia system for your Lexus vehicle, you will have to visit your local Lexus centre as they do all the system updates for Lexus vehicles.

Lexus used to have an e-store which allowed customer to purchase map updates for their vehicles however this particular service has been removed from our Lexus website since the website was revamped.

Please visit your local Lexus centre to assist with your query, https://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/find-a-centre 

I hope this helps with your query.

Thank you for contacting Lexus Head Office.

So need a gracenote update? Ask the dealer. (I never asked them about MAPS by the way but I have noticed CS rarely actually read the emails properly) 2017 - my £300 blackberry gets an update very few weeks. Good job I don't have to take it to a phone shop.

Why can I connect my car to my home wi-fi ? What's it for? I haven't figured out a use for that yet. I did send a journey plan to the nav system from my laptop, but guess what........ it said successfully sent to car. It wasn't there when I went to the car though.

I'm ranting, sorry :)

It's a good job the rest of the car is awesome!!

I got voice control of music back. I had been using a cracked screen Iphone 6 my daughter dropped. Just put in a 64gig SanDisk micro usb and it works a treat. Way better than the Iphone. Faster.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

While booking car in for its new wheels and wheel arch corrosion check I asked about gracenote update. It comes with the map updates I was told. Seems silly when the car can connect to Wi-Fi that one can't obtain an update when a new cd or folder is detected.

In the course of our conversation he mentioned they are bringing a new system out soon.

Be interesting to see as toyota have as far as I know ruled out apple and android.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk