Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Matt thank you that is interesting, and something I will look at.
It may be the particular version of the software that is giving this anomaly. I have two versions, but the version I am running I have been using for around 6 years. I did not have reason to update it  since it was working perfectly with both my Lexus and my wife's MMT Toyota Aygo that requires the gear selection, and clutch position resetting from time to time.The second version I purchased about 3 months ago with a new VCI for use on my Windows10 64 bit laptop. I have not tried it yet on my car.
I did try the new VCI on my my old XP version laptop, and this did not work, but I think that is because the drivers are not compatible for the new VCI. The VCI was not recognised.
When I get chance I will try with my Windows 10 machine to see if it makes any difference.

John. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Anyone know if the valve stem (the whole outer piece) is repairable? As shown in post #8 of this BMW thread?

https://www.bmwland.org.uk/index.php?threads/leaking-tpms-valve.1829/

One member of the forum kindly showed me a gasket repair kit that may help my leaking valve. However, rather than just replacing those rubber rings, perhaps the whole stem may as well be replaced.

Hi,

Not easily: the valve stem is permanently attached to the sensor. you need to cut it, if you want to replace it... and then attaching a new one is difficult. I've done this to one set of sensors, which were so stuck that I had to drill them to get them out. I used just some generic repair kit (like https://www.autodoc.co.uk/schrader/14528270) and lots of epoxy...

BR.Sami

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links