Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h 2 Year Service - £445 sounds a little steep....

I've a 2015 IS 300h which has 13k on it.

It's due the second annual service and Lexus are quoting £445, which I guess I can't be entirely surprised at as it's the price on the website but it still feels a lot for what appears to be a ton of inspection/check items.

There don't seem to be any Lexus independents and of 3 dealerships I've contacted only one (the one I purchased the vehicle from) has bothered to reply which was slightly disappointing too.

Any thoughts or deals I may have missed on whether the service cost can be lowered or is it a simple case of it is what it is?

I used to have my Prius serviced at Totota, but only ever had the intermediate service. The full service was as you say a load of extra check items all of which were covered again by the MOT. 

I could get the MOT done locally for £30, and Toyota matched this price. So an intermediate service, and MOT together saved over £100.

John 

28 minutes ago, hybridriver said:

I've a 2015 IS 300h which has 13k on it.

It's due the second annual service and Lexus are quoting £445, which I guess I can't be entirely surprised at as it's the price on the website but it still feels a lot for what appears to be a ton of inspection/check items.

There don't seem to be any Lexus independents and of 3 dealerships I've contacted only one (the one I purchased the vehicle from) has bothered to reply which was slightly disappointing too.

Any thoughts or deals I may have missed on whether the service cost can be lowered or is it a simple case of it is what it is?

Case of it is what it is nowadays. Lexus UK have fixed the prices for servicing and dealers have been told not to give any discounts. Having said that, I think some do

Additionally, I believe you can get a discount if you are a Gold Member of this site but make sure you're dealer accepts the card first.

It's fixed as I phoned around and all quoted the same £445, I ended up going to Milton Keynes. I agree, I think it's a lot, the 10k service intervals also too short, I'll end up doing 18k this year, more than normal so will be almost two services in a year, most other manufacturers would only require one which be way cheaper. Only downside of ownership though, everything else is good.

• Like 1

It's not just the price of the servicing, it's also the frequency. I'd be happy with one service per year but two services per year really cranks up the overall servicing costs

On 7/17/2017 at 6:26 PM, Britprius said:

I used to have my Prius serviced at Totota, but only ever had the intermediate service. The full service was as you say a load of extra check items all of which were covered again by the MOT. 

I could get the MOT done locally for £30, and Toyota matched this price. So an intermediate service, and MOT together saved over £100.

John 

Brake fluid change is the main thing that is performed with the full service that isn't on the intermediate. Technically Toyota/Lexus could deny warranty if all the items on the full schedule aren't being performed.

£445 is a total ripoff though and I also don't understand why it is more than the NX300h, which is cheaper at £395.

What dealer was that then? They offered 10% if not more on a service pack but not individual service, I was told its directed by Lexus to useful to know if they can give discounts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally speaking, I always ask for a discount. I'm happy to say I can't really afford it and could they offer a discount. I also shop around because I have about 5 I could use. Sometimes have to use the nearest though and pay what they ask. I do 20k miles a year and £700 per year for servicing is a bit ludicrous imo. Agree that £445 is steep

• 3 weeks later...