Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well lads, anyone have a link for a sale brochure for a '08 220d, all i can find online is the 250 http://www.motorologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008-Lexus-IS-brochure.pdf, yeah there probably isn't much in the differnce but the 250 dosent list the 'sport' package the diesel comes with.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Don't know if it'll help with what you're looking for but you can access some old brochures on the Lexus.co.uk website. - Link

thanks man, it was more help than i had on lexus.ie

still no mention of the 220d sport option...

I don't think there was one... I believe what you find in Auto trader as "Sport" is IS220d with IS250 Sport rims. Overall, sport was everything from SE +18 inch rims + aluminum pedals, so generally you take SE, buy pedals set from e-bay for £15 and 18 inch rims and you have bought yourself "sport".

It was IS220d SE or SE-L

IS250 SE, SR, Sport and SE-L... 

11 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I don't think there was one... I believe what you find in Auto trader as "Sport" is IS220d with IS250 Sport rims. Overall, sport was everything from SE +18 inch rims + aluminum pedals, so generally you take SE, buy pedals set from e-bay for £15 and 18 inch rims and you have bought yourself "sport".

It was IS220d SE or SE-L

IS250 SE, SR, Sport and SE-L... 

Interesting, i read earlier that the sport is220 had a different ratio gearbox so it had better take off than a standard 220

Definitely, not true. There are 3 gear boxes altogether for Lexus IS mk2 (4 if you count IS-F's AA80E). 2 manual -  one for IS220 and other one for IS250. IS 250 manual had different gear rations from IS220d, but that will be because of the different engine and not because of "sport pack" and the third one was was bulletproof auto in IS250. Trust me.. acceleration is your last worry in IS220d.

Yeah i think your right since there no mention in the brochure.

Ha so what are the biggest common faults with these cars?

My friend is going to look at one next week, 08 62,xxx miles, 2 owners, 2 years nct(mot) with full lexus service history, seems to be basic spec but i havent really checked, would you say stay away or its worth a look?

First of all it is hard to say, because you are in Ireland. I don't know much how tax+insurance works (except that it is unbelievably expensive)... In UK IS220d simply doesn't make economic sense... that is unless you do 90% motorway and at least 20k+ miles a year. Otherwise, major faults specifically for IS220d are DPF, ERG, 5th Injector and head gaskets, more commonly for manual is dual-mass flywheel, clutch and clutch release bearing, more generally for all mk2's brake calipers, rotors. IS250 AT meanwhile is bullet and bomb proof.. just replace oil every 6000miles and you good to go.