Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alcantara centre console lid

All, I'd like to replace my leather centre console lid with an alcantara one.

I believe the part number is 58905-53120-C0 , which was standard on the 2014 ISF (could anyone clarify this?), but only US sites appear to sell them online. I've been in contact with one site, but they're unable to tell me if it's a direct leather replacement, or the alcantara until, essentially, it arrives through my letterbox...

Has anybody else bought one?

I may have to pop along to my local dealers next week to see if they can help....

@mrfunex Stuart I've seen these on one or two later cars on the Australian isF site, cant seem to find the thread at the moment, as an addition I do remember that it was quite popular to swap out the cig lighter and tray for a padded sunglasses compartment and this too is a genuine Lexus part like this.......

IMG_0473.JPG.69f82b86a6ce3d1651688bd7f6591b3b.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mrfunex said:

All, I'd like to replace my leather centre console lid with an alcantara one.

I believe the part number is 58905-53120-C0 , which was standard on the 2014 ISF (could anyone clarify this?), but only US sites appear to sell them online. I've been in contact with one site, but they're unable to tell me if it's a direct leather replacement, or the alcantara until, essentially, it arrives through my letterbox...

Has anybody else bought one?

I may have to pop along to my local dealers next week to see if they can help....

Just a thought..... Could a good upholsterer/trimmer do it for you, if you can't get the oem part/shipping at a reasonable price? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@mrfunex Stuart I've seen these on one or two later cars on the Australian isF site, cant seem to find the thread at the moment, as an addition I do remember that it was quite popular to swap out the cig lighter and tray for a padded sunglasses compartment and this too is a genuine Lexus part like this.......

IMG_0473.JPG.69f82b86a6ce3d1651688bd7f6591b3b.JPG

Big Rat

Hey Paul, this could be something I'd be interested in? Do you think it's something Lexus Canterbury can order up??

I've recently bought a new Defi meter that will replace a couple of my gauges when I go the supercharger route (need boost and AFR in the binnacle really), so trying to work out where I can fit it! This could be a first step for sure, as it's only a small unit. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@Peter P18 Peter I'm just waiting for a materials delivery, so I thought the best use of my time is to do some isF research. Seriously though I'm going through all the threads on the Aus site to see if I can get some more info on this will report back 👍

Big Rat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Just a thought..... Could a good upholsterer/trimmer do it for you, if you can't get the oem part/shipping at a reasonable price? 

I had considered this but not too sure about the durability of alcantara (may only be an issue on steering wheels with very heavy use...). Also, if I decide I don't like it, I can revert to the old leather lid. If I really like it, I could probably sell the other?..

This is the problem after you've sat in a GSF - the detailing on the interior is stunning! I want one so much but the numbers just aren't doable at present! 

I like the sunglasses holder option! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Cheers Paul.

Will drop Anna at Lexus Canterbury an email to find out if they can get one, and if so, how much it'll cost. Will let peeps know what she comes back with. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emjay82 said:

If on a budget, get some felt like material from Hobycraft. I think they also sell staple guns 😜🤡

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

If on a budget, get some felt like material from Hobycraft. I think they also sell staple guns 😜🤡

Excellent idea, maybe drop the Blue Peter team an email and they could make some additional replica parts using a cornflakes box and some fuzzy felt 😂. 

• Like 3

@Flytvr @emjay82 Now listen you 2 these are serious matters not for these childish inputs. I expect better from you both just dragging the forum down to your level is just not on.

You never ever hear me 🤥 Behaving in this way 🤥 Not once.

Big Rat

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to contribute meaningful technical input. I'll make my New Year's resolution to not do it anymore.

in the meantime.......you could use superglue or blutak instead of staples. But whatever you do, watch out for the passenger airbag!!!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to contribute meaningful technical input. I'll make my New Year's resolution to not do it anymore.

in the meantime.......you could use superglue or blutak instead of staples. But whatever you do, watch out for the passenger airbag!!!!!

Don't be modest @Flytvr. Some of your technical knowledge has been published. 👍 

PhotoText.thumb.jpg.e5ece993615fbf209e516c3d3cd8549f.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I decided to go ahead with alcantara. I still have no idea if the centre console to a '13/14 would fit, but I found a great, local guy to do the retrimming work.

I'm stunned - fantastic quality work and exactly what I was after. I'll be using him again in the future! 

(Mods: Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to his website?)

Anyway, here are some before and after shots:

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

• Like 8

I'd love to have it carbon-fibre'd. Going to put the feelers out to see if any company nearby can help. 

I've read it's extremely hard to get a decent colour match - the existing stuff is slightly tinged with yellow. It's definitely not silver. One or two people online have managed it, but I'm. It even sure if they're in UK. The standard black plastic looks a bit cheap! 

Anyone know if I'm allowed to post a link? I'm not a gold member or selling anything, if that matters..

Now that I like what a nice ideal, would go very well with my flat bottom blue stitch steering wheel and gear knob!

Would be interested to know who did this for you if you are allowed and pricing as well!

• Like 2

This was the guy:

http://www.gibsonautomotiveupholstery.co.uk

He's based in Chandler's Ford, just outside Southampton. A pleasure to deal with. The job cost £100. 

If any of you are thinking about having this done, there's a very handy video on YouTube showing how to dismantle the centre console to get the arm rest off the car. It's not a *massive* job, but care needs to be taken to keep all the little plastic tabs in one piece!

https://youtu.be/WXgTBn8MHZ0

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links