Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nessa

Hi all. Iam a proud owner of a 2007 is220D absolutely love my car had it 4 months. Knew previous owner well looked after it. Had a problem almost 6 weeks ago. Engine noise apparantly injector was blowing needed a new seal. Idiot here didnt take it to my usual garage thought simpleish job it will be ok. How wrong was I. He said he changed seal but now car hasnt started since. Been to another garage diagnostic is saying fuel issue. Pf jones nearby cant check injectors yet say it £365 + vat EACH for injectors. Im pulling my hair out I need car for my work so been unable to work. It has been suggested coukd be immobiliser or faulty key. Also read about 5th injector. Anyone else had an issue like this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hi Vanessa, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear that your IS is giving you trouble.  

Did either garage give you a print out of the diagnostics? 

Do you have a spare key that you can use to see if the 'main' key is indeed faulty?

Welcome Nessa.

I know this is probably silly, but have you primed the fuel system since the new seal was fitted?

Also, you say the second garage told you it was a fuel issue, but is there a fault code?  If so, it would make it much easier to diagnose the problem.

The 5th Injector isn't used in normal operation, so it shouldn't be related to this issue.

Hi thank you for replying. 

Yes have the print out for diagnostics. Still in my non starting IS 😔. I've not seen print out I need to go have a look. Iam determined to have my car back. 

Key sadly no I only have one. Going to phone an  nother auto lock smith to see if they can check key. Been told for a new 1 £289 + vat which is ok if that us the issue.

Yes it has been primed since. 1st question I asked.

I thought maybe 5th injector as researching & found that other is220d had done similar. Kept showing up check vsc & not starting. I cant see it being key as it starts then cuts out, doesnt say key not detected. 

Thanks for replying much appreciated.

Nessa

Ok, so I am a little confused.  Does the car start and then cut out, or not start at all?

You need to find out what fault code the car is giving out.  The car can be pretty specific about what is wrong, so it should help.

The 5th injector is only used in specific circumstances, so the car should be able to start fine with just the 4 normal ones.

If it were me, instead of getting a locksmith, I would find someone to plug in a fault code reader into it to see what is going on.  Alternatively, you could always get the reader yourself and find out.

Hi sorry it starts then cuts out. 

Codes suggested injectors & fuel pump, these have now been sorted & not showing anymore codes apparantly.

Still starts then cuts out??? Battery has died said he has recharged it still no joy. 

Any suggestions? Would Lexus dealer be a good idea? Really appreciate any suggestions 2nd mechanic has done all he can. 1st mechanic wants shutting down. A very hard lesson learnt. 

It does sound like the first garage screwed up something.

This what the manual says regarding stalls:

pic.thumb.jpg.f54768710ebab8f97c4c4c0c4a36795d.jpg

Unfortunately, to diagnose most of these you would need a copy of Toyota's Techstream software.

If you are handy with a laptop, these can be bought cheaply on eBay.

If you took it to a dealer, they would use the same software to diagnose it.  You should have a definite answer, but it wouldn't be a cheap solution.  If you trust the second mechanic, can't he at least narrow down the problem a bit?

Thank you for this info.

Im going down to see him now. I trust him yes he has been brilliant & honest unlike the 1st mechanic.  

I know going to the dealer won't be cheap but if all else fails it is my only hope. To be fair the 1st mechanic should be paying for it all. It worked till he touched it. 

Thanks again. Fingers crossed The issue is solved.

No probs, I have my fingers crossed it goes well.

Please let us know how you get on.

It is true that the 1st mechanic should be dealing with this, but I suppose the last thing you want is for him to touch the car again.

Depending on how well you know this mechanic, perhaps you could ask him to help you with the Techstream software?  It is less than £20, and it would be very useful.

Thank you.

Know him pretty well should of gone to him 1st then I would'nt be in this mess. But we live & learn. 

Ill ask about software & hopefully I will have my boy back on the road soon.

Deffo will keep you posted. Thank you. 

Be careful of these. I bought one on eBay and it was full of viruses. Had to scan and remove them first before using on the car otherwise it could totally screw the ecu and modules.

Also download to your laptop offline as if it's online it will try update the version you have and lock you out of it. Just a heads up as that was the problem I had.

Good luck.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you I went down to see him. Shown him what Shahpor suggested. He had tried all you suggested and he has the Toyota software. 

Sooo a flipping mystery. 

Thanks for the heads up stormchaser.

I think deffo going to have to take it Lexus. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

How odd.

If he has a copy of TechStream, then he can run active tests to see how the system is performing.  He can then check those against the manual to see if they are within range.  That should help narrow down the problem.

Does he have a copy of the repair manual?

Hi no idea not seen him this weekend. He seems to pretty much know his stuff so id presume so. I think hes also lost the will to live with it. But I will ask.

Seen the 1st eijit mechanic today. Told him he better get in touch with Lexus & get my car in there. 6 weeks today I can't cope. 

Thanks for advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly time to get the car to a dealership and get it properly fixed? Or a recommended (on here) independent that has the skills to diagnose and fix. Any updates?

Hi Paul

I contacted Lexus myself Friday. All I said was I have an 07 Lexus, I taken it to garage for a blowing injector. New washer put in & now 8 weeks later still wont start. I did'nt even mention whats happend to him after. He said your car is it the IS220 d? I was like spot on. I said I take it this is a common issue with them then? He said yes not going to lie to me, 5th injector or the Egv valve. I have said this since the 2nd week. I did lots of researching & apparantly a common fault on the 07. Yet anyone I have said this to has laughed at me basically. 

Im debating if to take it to my trusty mechanic & tell him what lexus said, ask if he will do it or take it Lexus which is going to cost me a fortune. 

1st mechanic has been given till Monday to get it to Lexus & sorted. If this does'nt  happen then im going for full liability costs of all my loss of earnings & anything else I have had to pay for. 

Either way you're probably going to have to pay some money to get it fixed. Can't see you'll get anywhere with the original mechanic to be honest. Hope it works out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links