Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

PCS system - Random errors?

Hi all, Have been getting occasional alarms on dash displaying PCS not available and amber warning light coming on then clearing later, sometimes after 1 mile or could last up to 10 miles. It happens normally when there is no traffic in front of me on open road sections. Weirdly it can happen at the same point on roads I drive on even although it is not GPS related? When at dealership they said there was no standing alarms but as usual it never happens when the car is in garage as it clears by then. dead annoying as it may be covered under the extended warranty but needs to be a permanent fault to get any further.

Anyone else experienced this issue, any ideas hope to clear it? I have cleaned the Lexus badge which the sensor is mounted behind and there does not seem to be anything behind front grille that would be interfering with signal. The cruise control will not operate when the alarm is standing as it is radar controlled from the sensor.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Craig,

Not sure if this helps you, but I have the same issue on my car using the US style front grill. This is down to the badge being different, and causes the PCS to flash up intermittently when I'm driving along. Your symptoms sound identical to mine, so if you are still running the UK OEM front grill, I suggest you remove it to see whether there is something blocking the sensor box located directly behind the grill.

It may be worth asking your dealership to open up the sensor box to see if there are any signs of dirt/debris that might explain the false readings?

It's clearly something blocking or inhibiting the sensors from gaining a true reading of what's in front of your car.

Hope you get it sorted! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hi Peter, Thanks for this advice, I believe my 2008 ISF has a normal UK grille, not sure the difference between the two types of badge so I can't comment on the grille badge fitted to mine at present. Next time the car is in the dealership I am going to insist they check the sensor for ingrained dirt so that there is nothing that could be blocking the sensor path through the badge.

I still am covered by extended warranty so hopefully if any parts are required then that should be covered.

Cheers, :whistling1:

Hey Craig,

Sounds like a plan chap. :thumbsup:

You will have the OEM grill on your 2008. I had no issues with mine when that grill was installed. I also had no issues when I had the badge less carbon version fitted. The US grill is more like the badge we get on the boot? But the sensors clearly don't like it! :wallbash:

Will be murdering out the OEM grill to replace it at some point. Shame as I liked how the US grill looks but can't be dealing with the PCS warnings and bings etc!

Hope you get it sorted out soon fella.

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links