Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Daytime Running Lights and indicators

Does anyone have any experience of this type of DRL or similar, which is apparently just a direct replacement for the amber indicator bulbs?

This particular listing doesn't give the light sequence so I've asked for clarification but from other listings they are supposedly steady white in DRL mode but when in turn mode the white goes off completely and the flash sequence is amber > off > amber > off > amber > off then return to white when the turn is complete.

Also, does anyone know the type number of the base that the bulb goes into? Which would I choose, if any, from the list available?

EDIT - just noticed on the bulb itself it says WY21W, so presumably it'll be the 3156 that I need.

bulb1.jpg

bulb2.jpg

Don't have any experience with them but the orange resistors look almost identical to the ones that I had in an aftermarket HID kit. They were sh*te. Solder joints went every few months and then intermittent errors shortly after. Only solution was to keep swapping them out. So watch out!

Like the idea of such bulbs though :thumbsup:

• Like 1