Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Joining the clan

Congrats Ricky. :thumbup1:

Looks lovely.

Nice to have another new owner in the Kent area. Getting a few of us around here nowadays, which should be good for meets etc.

If you ever decide to modify the car at all, let me know. :wink3:

Happy to assist as I've tried most parts and learnt a lot over the past 3/4yrs of ownership.

All the best with it though. 

Cheers.

Pete :smile:

• Like 1

Well done and welcome to the club, exactly the same colour/wheel combo as mine!! Blue is the best of course haha. 

Had mine about 2 months and loving it, I wish I had the luxury of a driveway, mine lives on the road side :(

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Evening all,

Sorry for the late reply, work got in the way and I've been getting acquainted with the motor. She's an absolute beaut!! Can't believe how good it is, in both cruising and have a blast along an A road. Such a dual character.

Took on your advice and had her inspected by Lexus (which she flew though) and got the two year warranty along with a three year service plan on Friday.

Haha I wish I could take credit for the drive but it's my girlfriends parents flat that they own.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, Peter P18 said:

Congrats Ricky. :thumbup1:

Looks lovely.

Nice to have another new owner in the Kent area. Getting a few of us around here nowadays, which should be good for meets etc.

If you ever decide to modify the car at all, let me know. :wink3:

Happy to assist as I've tried most parts and learnt a lot over the past 3/4yrs of ownership.

All the best with it though. 

Cheers.

Pete :smile:

Would definitely like to see your car Pete. I could be tempted into making a few "adjustments" in the next couple of years!

6 hours ago, V1J4Y (VJ) said:

Well done and welcome to the club, exactly the same colour/wheel combo as mine!! Blue is the best of course haha. 

Had mine about 2 months and loving it, I wish I had the luxury of a driveway, mine lives on the road side :(

Enjoy.

Was that the one in Croydon? I test drove one there but didn't have the funds at the time. Lovely, lovely car.

• Like 2

@Wellsey Rick no problem with late replies matey there are one or two on here who would wish I never replied at all, I've knocked them off my cake buying list 😁

Huge sigh of relief as well about the driveway Mrs Rat has had me out doing ours all weekend in atrocious weather with muttering such as 'You do other people's all week why does ours resemble the Somme'

Anyway glad you love the 'F' no surprise there then they are the best all rounder in class IMO 😏

Big Rat

• Like 4

On 19/07/2017 at 5:28 PM, Wellsey said:

So a few might remember but I've been on the hunt for an IS-F for a little while and finally put a deposit down on one yesterday and will be collecting tomorrow!

I'm literally like a child waiting for Christmas!

If anyone is around the Sussex/Kent area and wants to go out drive sometime, do let me know. The Lewes tunnel is always fun!

20170718_202503.thumb.jpg.7ef0cc1a6a99f75c62deca610316e99d.jpg

Very nice especially with the rare alloys & welcome to the club.

Have friends in Heathfield so have been through the Lewes Tunnel on a few occasions, including last month on the way to Goodwood, so I know exactly what you mean!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So one month in and just over a thousand miles travelled and I'm still absolutely smitten with her! I haven't seen over 18 MPG on a tank average yet so I think I'm driving her in the right manner!

I did have an issue with the brakes where, when I wasn't using them, I could here them squeaking at all speeds intermittently. It had new disks and pads fitted in May so thought it was quite strange. After I had the pads chamfered and it seems to have gone away though. Anyone else had anything similar?

I've been looking into upgrading the Nav unit. There's a couple of Chinese android one available or of course the Grom Vline to plug in behind. They all look to have there issues though and at £450, its a big risk but I really want to have Waze and Spotify on the main screen and not on a phone next to it. Any suggestions?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Wellsey The guru for this @emjay82 he's done a lot to his infotainment pretty much as you discribe, dropping him a pm he's busy this week doing stuff to his 'F' but don't let that stop you 😂

Big Rat

I can highly recommend the beatsonic double din conversion which allows you to bring Android Auto and apple Carplay to the ISF. It will end up more expensive that the other options but it's such a sweet interface. 

DSC_0098.thumb.JPG.74dd8a2bc3dba24605726d7b604192c0.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies!

That does look good Mark but I would like to try and replace or add functions to the original nav screen. All the replacement screen's illuminate the airbag light and nobody yet has solved it. Then the Grom has loads of firmware issues...

Looks like I might have to be patient for a little while and just use my phone.

I did treat myself to a couple of little goodies in the meantime though!

20170824_112159.thumb.jpg.a2fae7461840e12598d8f6bdee97c4c6.jpg

• Like 1