Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

navigation not reading all music from usb

Shd995

Running a 32Gb memory stick here, it is pretty full, takes a wee while to scan it.

There are several reasons for not seeing all the tracks, the first one is the number of folders, I believe there is a 256 limit on folders/files in the root directory.

I have mine with folders for artist and sub-folders for each album.

Vince

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good thread here which explains the limitations...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/618314-limit-of-usb-drive-capacity.html

I have a 2011 CT200h and have a 128GB usb drive installed and all works a treat.
You do need to format it FAT32 - I use an app "guiformat.exe" which is allows it to be formatted in FAT32 as Windows will default to NTFS
Once formatted you then copy all your folders with MP3's in them to the USB
Once done you will then need to re-order the usb's File Allocation Table using an app called FAT Sorter "FatSorterSetup.msi" which will rearrange the file allocation table so it reads the folders in alphabetical order as by default the car will arrange the folders according to the FAT and not by the folder name.
once that's done it's sorted but every time you add to the USB you will need to rerun the Fat Sorter.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

There is more simple solution for this, you just need to take a bit of holy water and pour it on dashboard (where is the screen) and a bit on USB - bingo! should work.