Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service cost

Juhel88

Hi I have owned a lexus GS460H since October 2016 and I have enjoyed every second of it's a 2010 model with only 42500 on the clock...the car has not missed a beat but it's time for a service and mot and not sure if it is to much at my local lexus I was told about 350 for an intermediate service plus mot and a courtesy car which doesn't seem to bad but was disheartened when I rang Toyota to see how much they would charge and was told 295 with service mot and courtesy car but they can't check the hybrid system and that they rang lexus and there is a recall on my car but the recall is for them to check it because the previous owner had the service done independently if anyone can help at the moment its booked with lexus but don't know if I should trust them 

For the record, Lexus can perform a Hybrid health check on it's own for approx £60.

Oh and welcome to the forum.  How are you finding your GS 450H? - fun eh :yes:

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

At 42,000 miles you should be looking at the 40,000 service which costs £495.00 and includes the hybrid check, the £295.00 service you mention is the inbetween service at 30k, 50k etc.

IMG_0738.PNG

31 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

At 42,000 miles you should be looking at the 40,000 service which costs £495.00 and includes the hybrid check, the £295.00 service you mention is the inbetween service at 30k, 50k etc.

IMG_0738.PNG

Not entirely true

The car is 7 year old so would require an intermediate service.

Go for the Lexus service - it should be £295 + MOT which appears to be the same or cheaper than Toyota when you count the cost of the hybrid health check.

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Thank you for all the replies, and I'm loving the lexus, after ringing around the best option I think will be to get the service done by lexus...was the issue I had was when I spoke to Toyota they rang lexus the service manager made out my car had a recall issue but when i rang lexus to find out what it was just the hybrid system check because Toyota wouldn't be able to do it..just wasn't sure if I was getting robbed.