Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Those bushings were available for the Ls400 and could be bought on eBay and shipped but inserting them into the arm was the hard part even harder was getting the old ones out and we built a special device, but that was 14 years ago and is now shrouded in the mists of time.

The issue you will have buying from the suppliers in the states is they will not be able to coralate your vin number as they have no database for cars sold outside the US this then complicates the length required for the trailing arm for your car.

I am afraid you will probably have to source those at a Lexus dealership here in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that the diff itself i.e. problems with the crown or pinion etc? Just that outside of performance cars and the different types of limited slip diffs, failure of an unstressed open diff is quite surprising. Good you found the problem.

Not sure I have not opened it up and I'm not going to the.

Just replace and keep driving.

I would like to get the second hand unit I'm getting rebuilt.

Has anyone an idea of cost of that?

If the second hand diff works, it shouldn't need rebuilding. Open diffs are very simple things with few moving parts. Just a change of oil should be fine. As far as repairing your broken one, the cost depends on what needs to be replaced, and, of course, whether replacement parts are available. Usually, a damaged open diff is scrap metal.

• 1 month later...

Well guys We fitted a second hand Diff and it now the bangings gone what a relief I can use cruise control again.

Now I will book it in for a new exhaust from Tony banks and I will order a set of coilovers in.

• Like 1