Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Three likes/dislikes

6 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I've found a cure for the poor ride quality over short sharp ridges. I replaced the front Yokohamas with Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV tyres. the change is startling. Will change the rears in the new year too. Night and day difference, really pleased

Glad to hear you're enjoying the NX again. 

Tyres genuinely make a massive difference in ride quality and noise so its worth choosing wisely and sometimes spending extra!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 4:51 PM, rayaans said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the NX again. 

Tyres genuinely make a massive difference in ride quality and noise so its worth choosing wisely and sometimes spending extra!

Agreed. Also just about the only thing that keeps a car on the road or out of the back of the car in front when something unexpected happens too. Always worth paying top dollar for tyres, for lots of reasons.

Three more likes:

1. For the first time I can remember, I don't drive around looking for pot-holes and trying to avoid them. The taller tyre sidewalls on an NX make this much less necessary than before with cars with much lower profile tyres. Nice not to have to worry about this nowadays and I only thought about this the other day.

2. I like the reclining back seats, or to be more specific my children like these!

3. I like the fact that it's still a relatively rare sight on our roads although it has to be said I'm seeing more now than I did 10 months ago when I first got it.

Three more dislikes:

1. The mobile phone charging tray is silly. I appreciate it can charge phones but it just gets in the way on every journey because I always drop the keys and my wallet into this area and it's more awkward getting them back out than it should be.

2. The media system having to search the USB stick every time the car is started before tracks become searchable and selectable. I've taken to switching back to Radio just before I switch the car off so that I can select USB media once I've given it chance to sort itself out after starting again. This way I don't have to laboriously search through to find the album I was listening to.

3. 10k miles service intervals. Understand the reasons but they are low. I'll be asking to move to 12.5k intervals at my next service because I do use mine for business use. Not sure exactly what is involved, maybe nothing.

On 12/15/2017 at 12:11 AM, Ian J. Parsley said:

There's a case for just taking the charging tray out of the car altogether (which can be done). Haven't quite got there yet, but it is somewhat ludicrous - charges very slowly and makes phone very hot.

Was thinking the very same thing Ian

Oh yes. I checked with the dealership about what I'd have to do to swap to 12.5k miles service intervals and they said I can't. It's something the lease companies have negotiated with Lexus and private owners, even those who may have bought their car through their company, have to stick to the standard 1 year / 10k miles intervals.

Being a newbie for two weeks with the nx converted from honda

My dislikes 1. The windscreen doesn't clear quickly enough (demist) from what I was use to

2. As mentioned by Ed the radio doesn't lower in volume upon an instruction from the sat nav

3. Side steps (don't get me wrong they look great but always dirty my trousers or jeans with getting out)

My likes       1. The 3 way display on the screen

2. The comfortable seats with the 3 different settings for the heated seat

3. A spare wheel

4. Adjustable rear seats

To many to list

This is an interesting thread.

I'm still exploring my new NX and finding little things as I do.  I'm amazed that there are no courtesy lights at the bottom of the doors.  I had them on my IS and I changed the standard ones to some that projected a Lexus motif on to the floor at night.  I took them off my IS when I sold it, thinking that I could put them on my NX.  I felt fairly certain that the lights would be the same but, not only are they not the same but there aren't any at all, other than the ones by the door handles!

I also had a SNOW button on my IS, haven't got one on my NX though.  What's the reason for that, anyone know?

I'm going to try to sort out this 'ensemble thingy' with the radio that I've often seen mentioned. I never got round to it with the IS, probably because there was already a load of pre-sets present.

Also going to try to fit my front and rear dashcam in the next few days.

9 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

This is an interesting thread.

I'm still exploring my new NX and finding little things as I do.  I'm amazed that there are no courtesy lights at the bottom of the doors.  I had them on my IS and I changed the standard ones to some that projected a Lexus motif on to the floor at night.  I took them off my IS when I sold it, thinking that I could put them on my NX.  I felt fairly certain that the lights would be the same but, not only are they not the same but there aren't any at all, other than the ones by the door handles!

I also had a SNOW button on my IS, haven't got one on my NX though.  What's the reason for that, anyone know?

I'm going to try to sort out this 'ensemble thingy' with the radio that I've often seen mentioned. I never got round to it with the IS, probably because there was already a load of pre-sets present.

Also going to try to fit my front and rear dashcam in the next few days.

Cost cutting is the answer. I'm pretty sure not adding those lights made a huge difference to stop them from putting them in. The RX has them.

No snow button as I believe eco works in the same/similiar way. The RX no longer has it either

• Thanks 1