Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I have the Techstream software up and running. I mainly want to use it to run forced regens at regular intervals on IS220D.

The usual P2002 fault was up so I managed to clear that with Techstream. 

However, when I went to run the DPF regen, I ran into problems. 

I can select it ok and it says it is in "ON" mode but nothing happened. There was some mention of initial conditions like engine temp which were all within stated ranges. But I expected the computer to take over and start bringing the engine through different rev cycles. Literally nothing happened. It stayed idling for over an hour! The mode switched to "OFF" eventually and then the fault reappeared.

Has anyone run this before and could advise?

I also tried it while driving and it seems to help as the fault code didn't come back but the differential pressure still isn't great. But it says that the egnine must be idling and in neutral. Not sure what is or should be happening to be honest. 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ian - I did read that earlier but couldn't get the exact answer I need. It seems they may have had similar issues but would really like to know how it should be run properly. 

I'm useless when it comes to IT!

Thanks again for the reply.

I do sympathise, I also have a 220D, its waiting to be sold as I now have a 200D F Sport but I cannot sell it as the EML / VSC light is on and ot appears to be the DPF !

Hoping to find a cheap solution, if there is such a thing !

8 minutes ago, 999101999 said:

I do sympathise, I also have a 220D, its waiting to be sold as I now have a 200D F Sport but I cannot sell it as the EML / VSC light is on and ot appears to be the DPF !

Hoping to find a cheap solution, if there is such a thing !

Well I'll let you know how I get on! I have a 400 mile journey tomorrow - hopefully I'll make it!

I have now driven about 500 miles since I (think I) carried out the forced regen. Not a hiccup so I'm delighted. Will probably run it every couple of months but would still love to get to the bottom of how the program runs the regen cycle. 

Lexus wanted €300 to do it for me.

• Like 1

I am far from an expert but from what I know about them you would know if you had managed to force a regen, hopefully you did do one at it has sorted your problem, but the fact you didn't think the car was doing anything probably indicates it wasn't doing anything.

You can usually smell when a car is doing a force regen as it gets so hot it stinks

9 hours ago, dougie175 said:

I am far from an expert but from what I know about them you would know if you had managed to force a regen, hopefully you did do one at it has sorted your problem, but the fact you didn't think the car was doing anything probably indicates it wasn't doing anything.

You can usually smell when a car is doing a force regen as it gets so hot it stinks

Thanks Robb. I think it may have regenerated when I was driving and running the program. I'll be trying again soon no doubt! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monocle said:

Thanks Robb. I think it may have regenerated when I was driving and running the program. I'll be trying again soon no doubt! 

Fingers crossed for you mate

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links