Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Temperature?

Grems22

My temperature gauge is bang on the half way or just below. But the radiator fans are coming on the odd time. the cars running fine and no over heating. anyone have the same prob or any idea.         ooops the car is a 07 is220d 

Aren't the cooling fans there to keep the car err...cool. It's good that your car isn't overheating, according to the gauge.

An extra fan will kick in more frequently if you have the AC on. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

Have you popped the bonnet to check if one or both fans are causing you this 'disturbance'?

Both fans are going.and err I do know better cool than hot. ive had the car 4yrs now. ive never had the fans come on so much. even on motorways. I just thought it could be a fault.

Ah now, that's interesting if the vehicle has just started doing this.  

On previous cars a temperature sender failure was a fairly common cause, or the connecting plug was corroded - due to it's low down position at the bottom of the radiator.  Maybe worth a quick inspection of your temperature senders (often more than one - engine & radiator) and their connections?

I've just done a quick search here and saw this for an IS200 but no solution, the OP hasn't been on the forum for a while either...