Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ISF wanted!

Morning all, 

As title suggest after a lexus ISF. Have been in the market for one for a while but everyone I've been interested in was either to much or sold before I could get my hands on it. 

My absolute max is 20k and I will NOT pay more than 17k on a 2008. I was watching one on auto trader that was a 2010 and that sold for 19,995 the day before I rang him! (Typical). Ideally I'd like blue white or Mesa red but really am open to any apart from silver. 

Mileage isn't a issue Aslong as its looked after. Service history for me is a big one. I want it and I need it. Not looking to cut corners I'm looking to spend this money once and only once 😂.

Sunroof would be a big plus for me as I'd rather have it not need it than need it and not have it. And black interior is also something I would prefer but white interior looks awesome and if its maintained properly I'll take it that too.

Look forward to hearing from you guys. 

Thanks

C

Please remember to offer any car/parts you need to be a Gold Member this also applies to using the Message facility.

• Like 1

6 on AT at the moment under £20k, starting from £13.5k for an '09 with FSH in Silver tho. Alas none in your preferred colour choice - they are mostly Black or Silver.

Under £25k I see a couple of Blue's.

As @ronaldo mentioned, a compromise may be needed but keep looking and hopefully you'll find one.

Good luck.

• Like 1

@ThebigC Charlie you've come to the right shop, great decision by you as well all accept the not wanting a Silver one...... cough cough 😊

Seriously though if something comes up in the Southwest and you want someone to give it a once over before you travel happy to help.

As @Farqui says comprise is something to bear in mind there are only a little over 200 in the country left now. Not all by now are standard if that's something else that may concern you.

I have a list of the cars that were press/ magazine cars that will have LED a full and exercised life !

But these cars are virtually bomb proof in most respects.

Now the search begins have fun 👍

Big Rat

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ronaldo said:

Best of luck in your search. I suspect that you'll need to compromise somewhere given the rarity of the car - but you never know :)

Thanks mate. Yeah I'll definitely have to compromise but I've waited to long to just settle for 2nd best I feel.

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

6 on AT at the moment under £20k, starting from £13.5k for an '09 with FSH in Silver tho. Alas none in your preferred colour choice - they are mostly Black or Silver.

Under £25k I see a couple of Blue's.

As @ronaldo mentioned, a compromise may be needed but keep looking and hopefully you'll find one.

Good luck.

I watch autotrader religiously for the ISF and I've tracked the market for about 5 months now 😂. I've seen the blue ones and they have sat advertised for a while, probably some room for negotiation though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ThebigC Charlie you've come to the right shop, great decision by you as well all accept the not wanting a Silver one...... cough cough 😊

Seriously though if something comes up in the Southwest and you want someone to give it a once over before you travel happy to help.

As @Farqui says comprise is something to bear in mind there are only a little over 200 in the country left now. Not all by now are standard if that's something else that may concern you.

I have a list of the cars that were press/ magazine cars that will have led a full and exercised life !

But these cars are virtually bomb proof in most respects.

Now the search begins have fun 👍

Big Rat

I know you are a good bunch I must admit. Half the reason I like the lexus club is you all speak to each other with abit of respect. Something uncommon in world today let alone the forum communities.  Think my silver comment was abit rash they do look nice in silver just when you have a blue white or red next to it they look abit plain. Anyone got a silver ISF and wouldn't mind chucking some photos up I'd much appreciate it. Well any colour for that matter who doesn't enjoy seeing ISF's? 

Thanks for the offer dude! Be good to actually go look at one with someone who owns one and knows their stuff so I may hold you to that offer 😉

Never see any problems with these cars which is why I want one. I was after a V8, I wanted reliability and comfort, I did my research and I landed on this. Haven't changed my mind since now I just need to buy one and satisfy myself!

Thanks 

• Like 3

Did someone say pics of Silver...........IMG_1940.thumb.JPG.397b751b1d1aa86a109347edc9b98ae7.JPGIMG_1591.thumb.JPG.fb204c2b27f353f85fd491f49d1e5f2c.JPG

You are right a colour that can merge into the back ground on a murcky day......... well until you hit 3600rpm then the colour really doesn't matter any more 😁

Big Rat

• Like 3

Some of my silver one earlier this year up Scotland:

Take a look through that post for various colours in different lights.
I think blue/red stands out. But I like that my silver blends in. Goes with the feel of the car.

• Like 2

good luck!  Silver blends into the crowd but is, some might say, somewhat dull.  I like that though.  The other day someone came over and said "that's an ISF isn't it? wow".   You know they are a proper petrol head....

If you get a silver one, you could always wrap it..

I paid £21k ish 3 years ago for a 2008 with sunroof that at the time had 44k miles ish.

It's now got 75k miles.  Might as well use the thing eh?

Dave

• Like 1

Every day there seem to be less and less nice clean examples with FLSH and a complete stock setup. I guess what I am saying is that unless you are very patient, I wouldn't get too hung up on colour.

All down to personal taste, but I'd go for any colour except red, which doesn't suit the car and black which is so boring. 

Finally go into ISF ownership with eyes open. Reliability per buck, I still think the ISF is unbeatable, but things do go wrong, and when they do, parts are expensive and you'll potentially be in the hands of Lexus stealers and a warranty system that isn't necessarily as good as you may think 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lotusdave said:

good luck!  Silver blends into the crowd but is, some might say, somewhat dull.  I like that though.  The other day someone came over and said "that's an ISF isn't it? wow".   You know they are a proper petrol head....

If you get a silver one, you could always wrap it..

I paid £21k ish 3 years ago for a 2008 with sunroof that at the time had 44k miles ish.

It's now got 75k miles.  Might as well use the thing eh?

Dave

Would you mind shooting me some pics of your silver steed over bud? The more I look at the silver ones the more I warm to them...🤔

I agree with the wrap idea to with the difference in price between certain silver ones and other colours I could have a complete new respray and still have change in my pocket.

You've got to use it.. its a shame not to 😉

6 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Every day there seem to be less and less nice clean examples with FLSH and a complete stock setup. I guess what I am saying is that unless you are very patient, I wouldn't get too hung up on colour.

All down to personal taste, but I'd go for any colour except red, which doesn't suit the car and black which is so boring. 

Finally go into ISF ownership with eyes open. Reliability per buck, I still think the ISF is unbeatable, but things do go wrong, and when they do, parts are expensive and you'll potentially be in the hands of Lexus stealers and a warranty system that isn't necessarily as good as you may think 

Was a rare car to begin with, its only going to get rarer. Do like the blue but not the price tag that comes with it so a compromise had to made somewhere. Intrigued to hear more about you warrenty system? Would you not recommend? What sort of things have gone wrong I'm your own experiences?

Thanks

C

Talking of blue ones this has just come on the market and would you just look at the price, they seem to have there headline picture a bit mixed up as well 🙄

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707217587481?make=LEXUS&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ba11rj&model=IS F&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&page=1

Big Rat

• Like 2

Would not recommend buying from Junction 17. Heard lots of people disliking them for one reason or another. I looked at a couple of 350Z's at this very garage. All over priced, cars were tarted up to seem better than they were, and the salesmen were very very pushy. Not entertaining I'd need time to think about figures, and wanting me to buy there and then. Also gave shockingly low trade in value. Steer clear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThebigC said:

Would you mind shooting me some pics of your silver steed over bud? The more I look at the silver ones the more I warm to them...🤔

I agree with the wrap idea to with the difference in price between certain silver ones and other colours I could have a complete new respray and still have change in my pocket.

You've got to use it.. its a shame not to 😉

message me your email... No trouble. 

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Talking of blue ones this has just come on the market and would you just look at the price, they seem to have there headline picture a bit mixed up as well 🙄

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707217587481?make=LEXUS&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ba11rj&model=IS F&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&page=1

Big Rat

I noticed the same thing Paul, headline car is not an ISF.................Looks like a nice car they have for sale though.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Rat said:

@Mark G You are right it does look nice wonder what the reg is 😉

@Toothy has knowledge of the dealership, it's a pretty penny though isn't it.

🐀

Yes it is top money, fairly unusual to see them at this price at an independent dealer, usually still within the Lexus dealers, maybe a story behind it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lotusdave said:

that blue one is a nice looking car. With the mikes in do plus a six year old boy with muddy footwear and my blue jeans in mind, I'd never get white leather.

God point Dave, I think I will steer clear of it on my next one.

Someone say Silver.

113000 miles and still very tight, suspension very stiff so no sagging with age lol

One was sold in America recently with 333000 miles on it with no major faults recorded in it's history.

20170614_193027.jpg

20170614_192549.jpg

20170614_194232.jpg

20170708_162949.jpg

20170614_194315.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Mark6pot said:

Someone say Silver.

113000 miles and still very tight, suspension very stiff so no sagging with age lol

One was sold in America recently with 333000 miles on it with no major faults recorded in it's history.

20170614_193027.jpg

20170614_192549.jpg

20170614_194232.jpg

20170708_162949.jpg

20170614_194315.jpg

This one was owned by a Car magazine firm for the first year of it's life for a long term test.

mines on 75k and agree the suspension is anything but soft and saggy! Post above meant to say "with the miles i do..." Not mikes. 

had the wheels refurbished recently which made it look much less tatty. Just need the drivers seat bolster tarted up now. Have a quote for hundred quid or so, just not got round to sorting it out.

• Like 1