Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car shampoo

When I purchased my car I had the Gen3-Glasscoat applied and, I was given a number of very nice goodies all very nicely packed in a carry case.

There are things like Bird poo remover, and glass cleaner etc but, the one item that concerns me most is the shampoo.  It is classed as a ceramic shampoo and creates no suds whatsoever.  When I look at detailing items on the net, they all seem to show lots of soapy suds being splashed about but, when I clean my car I get nothing of the sort.  Is this shampoo any good or should I be changing to something else.

Many thanks.

I had the Williams Ceramic coat applied, came with the usual bag of products.P1020043-X2.jpg The shampoo was pretty lame, didn't last long before being replaced with some Meg's Shampoo Plus

d111_medium.png

Excellent suds, very slick and a little goes an awfully long way!

I finish off by aiding drying with microfibre by spraying the wet panel with Meg's Xpress spray wax.

benefit.png

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/

Result :yahoo:

IMG_20170403_112304.jpg

• Like 1

I'm currently using 2 products 1 is Autoglym HD shampoo which i think it probably the best shampoo on the market with the thickest soapy suds. 

However for a lot less money Carchem Shampoo is 95% as good at a lot more cost effective.

7 hours ago, dougie175 said:

I'm currently using 2 products 1 is Autoglym HD shampoo which i think it probably the best shampoo on the market with the thickest soapy suds. 

However for a lot less money Carchem Shampoo is 95% as good at a lot more cost effective.

Autoglym HD didn't work for me, foamed up on in the bucket but died instantly when applied to the car. Also quite expensive per wash...

Try Adam's car shampoo. You know when you put alot of shampoos on your car then come to rinse it off but find most of it has dried up, well that doesn't happen with Adams shampoo

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 0:56 PM, messi said:

Try Adam's car shampoo. You know when you put alot of shampoos on your car then come to rinse it off but find most of it has dried up, well that doesn't happen with Adams shampoo

Carchem shampoo dries but rinses off even after half an hour of leaving. Works out much much cheaper as well and available in so many scents it's unreal. 

• Like 2