Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

after a bit of advice really , I have a 2007 Lexus is250, I received a letter last year asking me to have recall work for the air bag and also a fuel sensor, the later states must be done asap and can be dangerous, now I have been chasing Lexus twickenham since last year but the service guy says the same thing that Lexus Japan have not sent them the parts, I call once every couple of months to check but same answer !

So is it dangerous to drive the car like this ? Also what else can I do? Has anyone had the recall  done ?

many Thanks !!!!

We are all in the same boat pal. I had the letter regarding airbag in June 2016 but heard nothing since.

You should be able to get the fuel sensor done now though. Mine was done 2014 according to the service history check on the lexus website. 

if you can't smell fuel in the engine compartment, the seal is probably not leaking and the car will be safe to drive. If you can smell fuel, get it done right away - parts should be available.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the airbag recall.

Who knows if it's safe to drive? The only way to find out is to have a big crash. So we have to trust to fate on that one. There are umpteen million cars in the queue to get airbags replaced.

I'm not 100% sure but apparently there is a possibility of bits of metal in the passenger airbag that could spray over the passenger in an accident. This is only what I've read online.

I'm not taking any chances. I get my wife and any other passengers to sit in the back now.

Had my letter last yr still nothing we all in same boat as you are aware company that made airbags went bust. They got to find another supplier. You should get fuel gasket done in mean time. Luckily my is250 not recalled for fuel gasket. 

I'm very surprised @ahmedali44 your 250 has not been recalled for the fuel sensor as it's only a year older than mine.

The previous owner of my vehicle had it fixed 2014 according to the lexus records. 

Checked on Toyota website doesn't mention which recalls maybe it was sorted as it's 59. If it had recall would of received letter or previous owner received it had it done as guy used to work for lexus Plymouth. When go for service will enquire about it 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:02 PM, JaySami123 said:

I'm firing off an email tonight so let's see

Waste of time mate. I have called head office few times and all dealers in vicinity - got exactly same answer as always  "we have no parts". Lexus "good" customer service is maybe located some 5000 miles away across the pond, definitely not in UK.