Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

split screen nav?

Hi all,

I have a 2013 ISF and was out of habit having a browse of Autotrader. I cam across this image of an ISF similar year to mine with a spit screen - nav on one side, radio station on the other.  I'm assuming it must have the same nav system.  I've had a play with my system but cant seem to figure it out - anyone any ideas? Sorry if this is obvious.   

split screen nav.jpg

I have never seen anything like this, not sure I would use this function anyway.

Mine is a 2011 model and it is surprising how much difference there is, many of the function buttons are completely different on mine.

If it's private sell then email the guy, if he is a proud owner he'll wanna tell you all about it or if it is a dealer then ' Dunno mate it is what it is!" Is the sort of response I normally get from dealers when asking them technicals.

Question? Is the ISF Multimedia (ML) SatNav anyway different to the 250 SE-L Multimedia (ML) SatNav system?

paul m.

Actually Mark you're right.  Although it looks like an identical version I actually don't have the home button on mine that this has in the top left...so it's clearly a different system.  Even though the car is the same year supposedly.  That clears that one up then! Strange how the same year cars have different systems. 

9 hours ago, ecswtrav said:

Hi all,

I have a 2013 ISF and was out of habit having a browse of Autotrader. I cam across this image of an ISF similar year to mine with a spit screen - nav on one side, radio station on the other.  I'm assuming it must have the same nav system.  I've had a play with my system but cant seem to figure it out - anyone any ideas? Sorry if this is obvious.   

split screen nav.jpg

Yea, my home button is written "home" and in the top right are the words "climate".  Also the temp adjust buttons aren't blue and red.  I have however accidently been on that screen before on sat Nav.  I'll have a play and see if I can do it again tomorrow

As a non owner, the pic above looks different again to cars I have looked at online. The buttons under the CD slot are different and I dont see the additional row of buttons below that for AM/Dab etc :huh:

Yeah the description by jgtcracer is also different to my satnav.  Here's mine...2013 car with the single tachometer in the middle of the dash.  I'm aware the 2008 cars have a different lighter coloured grey system but I thought the later ones had the black coloured system like mine that worked in the same way.  Clearly not. I can split the map screen into 2 maps (not sure why you would actually want that) but I cant get the radio station on the other side.  Wouldn't mind having the sat nav running with DAB or radio details displayed at same time but maybe my 2013 system isn't recent enough? 

satnavme.jpg

I was mistaken, this is my radio but what's interesting is that I dont have the nasty grey radio, all my interior/dash is black. My car is a 58 plate.

That means we are now up to at least 4 different combinations including the grey stereo

20170727_211823.jpg

Just had a look at the following video in youtube for a 2014 car: 18.30mins in or thereabouts he runs through the nav system and although it looks like ours in terms of buttons etc the software is different to the one im using.  This car also doesnt have the buttons along the bottom and I reckon might be the same version as the original image I found with the split screen.  Wonder if we are operating on old software?   

speaking about software, has anyone updated their software and maps using the lexus download thats available? I believe you can get this for free for more recent cars, I haven't checked properly but I think mine might be just inside the break for this?

If anyone has done this, how did it go, did you get any new features?

no idea but I'd like to know - I've got 2012 maps and I've spent many times driving through fields on the sat nav that are now roads! I was under the impression earlier cars can be done from a DVD and later ones are dealership only? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links